Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Any Rums I should look for in the Caribbean that I can't get in the US?

Pages: 1 7 replies

I searched around for awhile and I only found Nassau Royale Rum as a suggested Rum here.

My friend is going on a cruise and wants to find some rums that he can't find in the states. He is stopping in Nassau and Coco Cay. He is leaving from Miami.

I told him to see if he could find a bottle of Seven Fathoms. I heard it's nothing special, but I want to try it. Also a bottle of Nassau Royale Rum sounds great.

Anyone know of any other Rums he should be on the lookout for?

Thanks for your input!

[ Edited by: lunavideogames 2012-12-04 15:19 ]

Z

Wow, nothing? How about - Are there any Caribbean rums I can't get in the US that are worth lugging home from St Martin? I know that island isn't a hotbed of rum production but I'm sure I'll find rums from other islands there. I'm heading down shortly and, aside from Havana Club and the infused rums by Ma Doudou, don't know anything about rums I can't get at home.

HT

If you're going on a cruise, pay attention to the booze limits. They're pretty hard nosed about it with most cruise lines.

Z

On 2012-12-04 05:39, Hale Tiki wrote:
If you're going on a cruise, pay attention to the booze limits. They're pretty hard nosed about it with most cruise lines.

We are flying down but I noticed that when I was googling around trying to answer my own question. You can find enormous sets of plastic flasks on amazon for smuggling booze onboard but I think my favorite is the double sided binocular flask.

This all reminds me of the "fake beer gut" and the "fake bra" devices they sell for smuggling booze into sporting events and things. Of course that would not be the most convenient or practical way to go if you're trying to take bottles of stuff home from Nassau. But once you're on board don't overlook opportunities to chat with crew members. If they don't flat-out tell you how you can skirt the rules and bring bottles aboard, then they may be willing "to assist you" for a gratuity. Even in the worst-case scenario you still have your personal limit plus the personal limits of your friends/family/etc. which you may be able to take advantage of. And, to the best of my knowledge, I have never had my hand-luggage or my checked luggage inspected on the way off the ship. Pretty much once you get it aboard you're home free if you keep it decently concealed.

I changed the title to get more responses hopefully.

Z

On 2012-12-04 15:19, lunavideogames wrote:
I changed the title to get more responses hopefully.

Thanks! Did your friend go on that cruise yet? Bring back anything interesting?

I think he is traveling right now. I suppose I will have to wait until he is back in the country to see if he got anything cool. I will let you know if he brings back anything.

Pages: 1 7 replies