Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Caliente 5 May 17-19th 2013 Palm Springs,Ca

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 478 replies

C
cy posted on Sat, Mar 2, 2013 9:29 AM

Rain and humidity in Oregon?

On 2013-03-02 09:29, cy wrote:
Rain and humidity in Oregon?

Sorry John Mulders Cell phone area code is from Oregon. John Lives in New Brockton, Alabama Which had record rain.

W

wristbands. check
fabulous mug. CHECK!

All set. Thanks, Rory!

Z
zond2 posted on Sat, Mar 2, 2013 10:02 AM

MUG>>>>>>>>>>DONE!

I got mine!

Me too!

C
cy posted on Sat, Mar 2, 2013 10:19 AM

Only foolin' Rory and just ordered my fantastic Caliente 5 mug, great job!

Just scored me a mug as well. :D

T

Mug. Secured. Now for the special glaze... Big Money Big Money!!

Thank You everyone who has purchased a Wristband or Mug so far. John has poured several mug's already and they will be getting glazed in the next couple of days. John promised me he would come on Tiki Central later today and show off the poured mug's when he get's a second from catching up.

It has been a wild day so far with sales,so thank you.

I will NOT be sending anyone a personal email letting them know I received there paypal payment because of the volume,but believe the numbers are checked and double checked.

Please bring your copy of the paypal payment to Tiki Caliente to make it a quick transaction when you pick up your wristbands or Mug's.

Thanks again and I will make sure you get your moneys worth with TC5.

W

I got mugged

:)

Wristband plus a friend - see ya @TC5

Wristband plus a friend - see ya @TC5

First Mug is Poured

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4924925998688&set=a.1103237338860.2017718.1164537350&type=1&theater¬if_t=photo_comment_tagged

Rory "WILDSVILLE MAN" Snyder

http://www.tiki-caliente.com

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2013-03-02 17:34 ]

Can't wait to drink something out of it :)

Sweet
Mad Dog in da house...

T

Looks like the Facebook link is not working for the pic of the mug.....or is it just me?

Nope. Its not just you TikiTonga. I get the message that the link is expired.

T

The images (hopefully Rory will post them here) is of the cast mold of the mug.

These have been displayed on Facebook for a couple days. These are the first mugs to get out of the mold and these and the rest are starting to be fired in the kiln now. Test glazes will be shown with in a couple of days.

Right or Left?

11in from the top of the mask
9 in from the drinking lip
24 oz without ice.

T

Awesome! So which one is the "special" limited surprise glaze?

[ Edited by: Tiki-ESP 2013-03-06 09:23 ]

T

I like the one on the left.
Awesome mugs.

C
cy posted on Wed, Mar 6, 2013 10:21 AM

Very nice, I think the darker glaze on left shows the detail better.

RD

On 2013-03-06 09:16, Wildsville man wrote:

Right or Left?

[ Edited by: Rum Dog 2013-03-06 11:47 ]

This is a hard one for me. The glaze on the left definately shows more detail. But, the right is a cool color that is not used often. I will just say I will be happy with either one. Cant wait for Tiki Caliente. :D

Both rock

G
GROG posted on Wed, Mar 6, 2013 10:02 PM

Nope. They're ceramic.

And a Toast to the winning Glaze

G
GROG posted on Thu, Mar 7, 2013 12:33 PM

M

On 2013-03-07 12:20, Wildsville man wrote:
And a Toast to the winning Glaze

How about a picture of the okole?

T

So the lighter is the 10 random "special" glaze mugs?

On 2013-03-07 14:44, Tiki-ESP wrote:
So the lighter is the 10 random "special" glaze mugs?

Good question. The answer is ,"I don't know"

The pre-sale will end at the beginning of April and only the people who purchased before that date will get the chance to get the exclusive (1 out of 10) glaze.
When we go off sale we know how big the run of mug's will be and see what kind of Ideas John and I can come up with. But John is getting pulled in 100 different directions with other people wanting mug's so I can't beat him up too much.

Thanks for the Question,

W

We only have 2 Double Queen rooms left at the host hotel (The Curve)

But we have begun taking sales for off-site hotel packages at the Royal Sun right next door.

Both are available for sale at

http://tiki-caliente.com/info/

See you in May

W

Update:

Peep's of Caliente,

First I would like to invite everyone to the Tiki Caliente 5 room crawl. This year we invited the Zen Tiki Lounge Crew to handle the booking and questions for this aspect of the show. Details Below:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=44960&forum=17&19

Second: The Main Hotel "The Curve" will go off-sale Sunday Morning and be considered SOLD OUT. We are always requested to save 10 rooms for the American Airlines Crew contract they have and we only left them 9 rooms so far.

Third: The Overflow Hotel (Royal Sun) are now on sale at our official website.

Thanks and see you in May,
W

F

I like them both, but I think I like the one on the left a little bit more.

News Update:3/19/2013

As of Now the Host Hotel (The Curve) is SOLD OUT,If you want to be placed on a wait list please send an email to [email protected] and I will inform you if a room opens up.
As in the past the Tiki Caliente Event will not exceed 500 people. We will restrict wristband sales after April 15th as we do not know how many people will purchase rooms at the carry over hotel at the Royal Sun. (Sales Below). Any wristbands placed on sale after April 15th will be at a higher price point.

*146 people left till we hit our total of 500

• Pre-Sales for Mug’s will go till April 15th or when we sales reach 100. (87 sold already)
  • Wristband Sales will go till April 15th
  • Overflow Hotel packages (Royal Sun) Now taking Place
  • Host Hotel is Now SOLD OUT

The Final Version with the beads installed.
Out of 10 mugs,9 will be the dark glaze/1 will be the light clay glaze for pre-sales guest ONLY.

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2013-03-19 08:31 ]

58 mo days

:)

@hang10Tiki. Yes! I cant wait. :D

The first of the mug's have hit palm springs. Here is a photo shoot of the light glaze to show you the size of this vessel.

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2013-03-26 11:51 ]

Awesome ...

B

how can i pre-buy mug ?
how can i add thurs night to my purchased reservation?
thanks!

B

sorry ! tend to panic.. i just re-discovered the tiki caliente website !

T

Well since Easter is tomorrow I guess Ill post the egg shaped Tiki Caliente 5 pendants that will be for sale at the event .The original design was by Douglas Horne and every year I carve the master pendant from Koa wood, make the molds and recreate Dougs vision into 3D . This year was a little different as I had to hand make 4 little skulls per pendant as well as tie the little suckas on . Im making a limited amount like every year and yes every year they sell out . Rory and I are discussing whether I should have a scheduled time and place to sell them or have everyone rush me when I get there . I hope you like them . Now back to carving the icon tiki for the lobby

Those look awesome Ray. :D

On this episode of ZTL podcast we have an interview with Rory Snyder. Also, recording the podcast from Rory's home tiki bar. Get a sneak at some cocktails, music and artists who will be at Tiki Caliente 5.

http://www.zentikilounge.com/2013/03/ztl-273-tiki-caliente-5-update-and-interview-with-rory-snyder/

C
cy posted on Mon, Apr 1, 2013 11:10 AM

Great looking pendants Tiki- Ray!

B

i just saw on yelp reviews of the new curve & they dont have continental breakfast anymore?
if thats true, im pissed!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 478 replies