Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Caliente 5 May 17-19th 2013 Palm Springs,Ca

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 478 replies

It was just a bowl of cereal & coffee
no big loss there......

We had 1 room at the (SOLD OUT) host hotel (The Curve) just open up. If anyone is interested please contact me at:

[email protected]

Enjoy your weekend vacation on grounds in the safety of your own hotel room and grounds

B

On 2013-04-02 21:37, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
It was just a bowl of cereal & coffee
no big loss there......

that was manna to me !
coffee ASAP when i wake up...
plus the milk for my hubbys carnation/instant breakfast drink things

B

we are planning on visiting elvis's vacation house thurs afternoon & thrift store/ antique shopping.
so we're looking into dog sitters for our pooch for thursday & i'd love to hear recommendations!

On 2013-04-05 22:15, belinda wrote:
we are planning on visiting elvis's vacation house thurs afternoon & thrift store/ antique shopping.
so we're looking into dog sitters for our pooch for thursday & i'd love to hear recommendations!

For Dog sitters?

Is this a late April fools thing? :wink:

Elvis's honeymoon house is pretty cool and so is Frank Sinatra's twin palm's home in Palm Springs.

The Curve is Dog friendly so you may want to check in with them.

As for the antiques,I will leave some in the stores for you to get a chance;)

W

B

On 2013-04-06 17:58, Wildsville man wrote:

Elvis's honeymoon house is pretty cool and so is Frank Sinatra's twin palm's home in Palm Springs.

The Curve is Dog friendly so you may want to check in with them.

As for the antiques,I will leave some in the stores for you to get a chance;)

W

---------------------ha ha! well leave the womens clothes & bamboo housewares at least!
i just dont want to leave our dog in the room unattended thurs (we'll be away a couple of hrs) im nervous a housekeeper will hear him yipping & report us if she knocks & noones there to answer?

B

On 2013-04-05 22:40, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:

For Dog sitters?

----- yes!

B

On 2013-04-06 10:36, forgotten tikiman wrote:

Is this a late April fools thing? :wink:

----------- no im serious!

OK then.....Rory may be able to, it's not like he has any thing better to do :lol:

We have added a link to the marketplace to be able to show the people what our vendors/artist are developing for Tiki Caliente 5.

Please support our vendors/artist and help us make your home a tropical oasis.

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=45134&forum=12&3

Today we have stop the pre-sale of the official TC5 mug. We will have 40 on grounds for sale at the price of $75 each

also,

We have added a 1 day pass (Saturday) for people who just want to come out for the day and check out the activities.

Information below

http://tiki-caliente.com/info/

Doug Horne will be giving us the first look of the Official Poster later today and give information on how to pre-buy lower number posters so they are ready for pick up at the event.

If you are interested on being put on the list for any on site rooms that open up please send an email to
[email protected]

I look forward to seeing everyone in Palm Springs this May and look forward to serving the 500 tiki peep's

W

RL

The Ding Dong Devils are looking forward to playing Saturday afternoon from 2 pm until 4 pm. We're also looking forward to catching sets by Thee Swank Bastards, Martini Kings with Sonny Moon, the Smokin' Menehunes, Kitty Chow and Fisherman as well as the Tony Marsico Organ Trio with Sonny Moon.... and hanging out in Palm Springs, for crying out loud!!

CA

Getting all Caliente on working up new glazes...
will have only twenty of these as only twenty have been made with this treatment.

This is a Sneek-Peek at the V.I.P. Caliente Party/Pack

For the past 3 years we have released a mini art set (8x10in with a pendant) and a private on grounds party to 30 people plus 1 Guest.

This year we do the same with a slight twist,

We will release 33 Set's of prints attached to a pass that will get you into a private on grounds party the weekend of Tiki Caliente.
30 set's will be the standard set (Only 30 will be created) plus (3 print set's that have slight changes that we give to large sponsors)only 5 were created.
They will be mixed so you have a chance to get either set.

Price $50
2 matching number prints and a collectable item that will get you and 1 friend into the party on grounds

Time of release is not set yet,

Thanks for your time and loyalty.

W

check out other great merchandise from TC5 and our official vendors at the link below:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=45134&forum=12&13

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2013-04-16 15:44 ]

It's official... the countdown is on!

:)

The anticipation :D.

Only 30 weekend wristbands left till we are officially SOLD OUT.
If you are interested in being part of this weekend getaway.

This is last call for Happy Hour's
http://tiki-caliente.com/info/

W

Rory "WILDSVILLE MAN" Snyder

http://www.tiki-caliente.com

[ Edited by: wildsville man 2013-04-26 17:42 ]

J

I can't wait. Possibly celebrating my 26th birthday that weekend, so I apologize ahead of time if I let the rum take over.

26th! your just a kid.......

I say we haze the birthday boy. In a jolly, Tiki kind of way, of course. We are not barbarians! Well, maybe Wildsville Man is... a little.

On 2013-04-20 18:26, Tangaroa-Ru wrote:
I say we haze the birthday boy. In a jolly, Tiki kind of way, of course. We are not barbarians! Well, maybe Wildsville Man is... a little.

You don't have to haze Jetson too hard. If he is turning 26 or because it's Thursday,he is going to push the limit of his Rum ability.

Enjoy the booze it's a party weekend,But respect the other tiki peep's trying to enjoy the weekend.

This historic statement is what I am looking for in my party crowd.

Rory "WILDSVILLE MAN" Snyder

http://www.tiki-caliente.com

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2013-04-20 20:57 ]

He was talking about us proud and professional drinkers!
those few who know the art of drinking and take pleasure in the quality of what we drink

Those of us who call this religion "Don Draperology"
All hail "Miss Ida Blankenship" !!!

[ Edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2013-04-20 21:25 ]

Just added!!!
Check out my band the Martini Kings coming soon to Palm Springs with special guest Cardinal Cyn!
http://www.martinikings.com

On 2013-04-23 10:43, martini kings wrote:
Just added!!!
Check out my band the Martini Kings coming soon to Palm Springs with special guest Cardinal Cyn!
http://www.martinikings.com

Martini Kings w/ Sonny Moon in Palm Springs is the tops daddy-o! Looking forward to it.

And things just got hotter for PS...

[ Edited by: Tiki-ESP 2013-04-23 13:36 ]

This just keeps getting better and better. Way to go, Wildsville. We love you.

T
TNT posted on Tue, Apr 23, 2013 5:35 PM

Yes it does keep getting better. We are looking forward to Caliente 5, it's gonna be a blast.

Sweet

BONUS SHOW(Adults Only)

Saturday May 18th Kitty Chow and Fisherman will preform a late night show at CLUB CALIENTE.
This Show will take place in the Lobby of the Curve Hotel and is for Adults Only.
This is a Bonus Show that the entertainment is working for Tip's only.

The lobby will have it's own bar with a drink special featuring deadhead rum.
No personal booze brought into the lobby.
The show is for Adults only and the entertainment is working for TIP's.
so if you enjoy the show,show them.

http://kittychowandfisherman.com/video/

Kitty Chow and Fisherman bring the fun!
don't miss this!

Awesome!!!!! Cant wait. :D

E

Things just keep getting better for Caliente!

Excellent!
This keeps gettin' better and better

T

Mui Caliente!

G

Also just added:
Geedavee and Mimi.

We will be performing live shadow puppets and interpretive dance.

Check us out towards the end of the room crawl.

T

On 2013-04-25 19:53, geedavee wrote:
Also just added:
Geedavee and Mimi.

We will be performing live shadow puppets and interpretive dance.

Check us out towards the end of the room crawl.

Hope you all will have souvenirs and chotchkies for sale!

20 days til' fun in the sun and everything TIKI!!!

If you have not gotten your tickets GO NOW! It's going to be a blast!

I made some adjustments to the official event poster. Changed up the pattern on the jacket, made it more Doug Horne/Polly pop style. Detail of poster shown.

I'll be pre selling the limited edition poster for pick-up at the event. Stay tuned to that.

I'm looking forward to hangin' with everyone! See ya soon.

Poster detail.

The Art of Doug Horne
http://www.swampfirelounge.com/

[ Edited by: Swamp Fire 2013-04-26 17:35 ]

T

Looking good Doug.

T

Rory is always asking me to help tiki up the joint so this is my newest carving. Its in the Hia style and yes this took a little bit of time but im pleased with how it came out . Its one hunk of Mexican fan palm with a laminated redwood war club .This wil showcase in the lobby and no its not for sale . Tiki Kinniki already called "DIBS" on it . I hope you like it .

Gotta give it to you Ray, lookin good!

T

Well done Tiki- Ray. Looking forward to seeing it in person.

On 2013-04-26 17:32, Swamp Fire wrote:
20 days til' fun in the sun and everything TIKI!!!

If you have not gotten your tickets GO NOW! It's going to be a blast!

I made some adjustments to the official event poster. Changed up the pattern on the jacket, made it more Doug Horne/Polly pop style. Detail of poster shown.

I'll be pre selling the limited edition poster for pick-up at the event. Stay tuned to that.

I'm looking forward to hangin' with everyone! See ya soon.

Poster detail.

The Art of Doug Horne
http://www.swampfirelounge.com/

[ Edited by: Swamp Fire 2013-04-26 17:35 ]

I hope your ready to party with Tyler and myself Doug. :D

T

Time is drawing ever so near! +/- 20 days (some people are there on Thurs, some Friday, some Saturday, thus the +/-)

[ Edited by: Tiki-ESP 2013-04-27 12:19 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 478 replies