Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Mad T party rave at Disney california adventure!

Pages: 1 10 replies

TM

I admit this will be of limited interest to most of us here, but I gotta say, i went to this at night last Friday, and had a great time!

CA keeps getting better and better, especially in the dark...and the fact that they now serve alcohol all over the place, makes it even cooler!

So, I had a few beers...then was wandering around and stumbled into a rave in hollywoodland.....they had a cool bar called "drink me" serving very strong drinks (mine was a glowing, multi-colored long island ice t)....so, I got hammered, watched people dance, saw a good glam rock band that was actually very talented. Go to this place at night for the full effect!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-WVlVGKczs

[ Edited by: Lucas Vigor 2012-11-19 13:29 ]

TM

Looks like Disney is trying to lose the squeaky clean image

If you check out the personnel of the band they are listed as

•Mad Hatter and Alice on vocals
•March Hare on bass
•Dormouse on guitar
•Caterpillar on keyboard
•Cheshire Cat on drums

Disneys California Adventure: Mad T Party

They probably are not a glam band but a hare metal band.

Hey, sorry, bad pun. Couldn't help myself

TM

On 2012-11-19 13:49, MadDogMike wrote:
Looks like Disney is trying to lose the squeaky clean image

Seems like it, but there was still a lot of kids there! Everyone was grooving and having a good time. It's like a rave, without the GHB and Ketamine.

TM

On 2012-11-19 13:58, King Bushwich the 33rd wrote:
If you check out the personnel of the band they are listed as

•Mad Hatter and Alice on vocals
•March Hare on bass
•Dormouse on guitar
•Caterpillar on keyboard
•Cheshire Cat on drums

Disneys California Adventure: Mad T Party

They probably are not a glam band but a hare metal band.

Hey, sorry, bad pun. Couldn't help myself

Good one! Imagewise, they do look like a glam band, though.

They play a mixture of 70/s and 80/s rock with modern hits thrown in, and like all disneyland musicians...they are total pros. I am not into rock much, but I tried to keep an open mind and just have a good time....which, I did!

OOOoooooooooooof!

A couple of decades back, Disneyland had a somewhat simular dance club because Knotts Berry Farm had a dance club and was getting all the teenage demographics in the area.

Studio K was dance clubs inside of Knott's Berry Farm during the 1980's and was the trendiest places in Orange County for teenagers to go to on a Saturday night. The Knott’s venue was attracting up to 2,000 teenagers a night.

Disneyland wanted to get more of the area teenagers and started a dance club called Videopolis.
Samsland: Disneyland's Videopolis.
It was meant to appeal to the viewers of the then new MTV and rock music videos. The venue was not without its critics. One mother wrote to the Anaheim Bulletin about “Punkers in Fantasyland.”

Wow. I barely remember videopolis, but I was in the military when it was opened and probably never went. Also, most of the 80's is a blur to me now.

Anyway, I know soccertiki and woohoo sometimes have get-togethers at DL.....would be kind of fun to have a tiki meet-up for those that have passes! Followed by a trader sams visit, of course!

It's funny, but I was re-reading the old "why disneyland sucks" thread...I still stand by most of what I said back then in 2007....but California Adventure has changed my mind!

I just read the yelp reviews on this event, and they are mostly extremely positive!

Disney has a winner here. It's like I described. A safe "rave" for all ages!

Even the drinks get mostly great reviews.....and most people comment on how strong they are!

http://www.yelp.com/biz/mad-t-party-anaheim

Pages: 1 10 replies