Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Fake mug alert!

Pages: 1 17 replies

T

While surfing the web, I came across this site...http://www.barproducts.com/.... clicked on Master Mixology, and then the subcategory of Tiki Mixology... found these mugs which looked like they were very bad copies of Tiki Farm mugs... sent the site an inquiry as to who made their mugs, got no reply, so figured they were ripping Tik iFarm off... sent Holden an email, and sure enough, they are fakes... and bad ones, too, the glazing is atrocious.

Man, people who steal other people's art really piss me off.

Yup, we know about the site & the eBay postings from a while back
I will have to find those posts again....

Already contacted Holden at Tikifarm back then also.

L9

a friend gave me a couple of these mugs, one is the Tikinator the glazing is not complete. I have a Tiki Farm
Tikinator mug and there is a big difference. sad to see rip offs like this.

HT

I can tell you where that company is getting them.

If you go on Alibaba or any other Chinese manufacturing site, you'll find everything from Tiki Farm to Trader Vic's to Munktiki as available designs. Some of the photos are obviously taken directly from the various sites.

Just search Tiki Mug, and see what's available. Legally, they can be made in China, as I'm pretty sure Tiki Farm, Munktiki, Bosko, et cetera, don't hold copyright to their designs in China. Remember, holding a copyright to a product in the United States doesn't mean you hold it worldwide. Once people import them, however, they become counterfeit.

D

I keep sending Holden email messages about these mugs, maybe 1-2 emails a day, but he never responds. Can someone send him an email asking him if he's getting my emails about the stolen Tiki Farm mug designs on ebay? I want to make sure he knows about these!

And Dibroc, did you get the email I sent to you a few weeks back? If not, I'll send it to Holden so yopu can ask him for it.

Buzzy Out!

On 2012-11-19 22:27, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
Yup, we know about the site & the eBay postings from a while back
I will have to find those posts again....

ebay posting how to done dude...this is a very difficult...

Buzzy you joker.....
janninekol....WTF?
Calgon, take me away!

T

Don't get me started about the Chinese and their copyright infringements... they are atrocious when it comes to honoring other countries' copyrights... grrrrr.....

Yet another reason not to buy from them when there is an alternative...I try to buy American first, North American, European, and anywhere but China whenever possible...

HT

On 2012-11-20 22:26, Bay Park Buzzy wrote:
I keep sending Holden email messages about these mugs, maybe 1-2 emails a day, but he never responds. Can someone send him an email asking him if he's getting my emails about the stolen Tiki Farm mug designs on ebay? I want to make sure he knows about these!

And Dibroc, did you get the email I sent to you a few weeks back? If not, I'll send it to Holden so yopu can ask him for it.

Buzzy Out!

He does, yes. It's covered on one of the threads here about them. You're probably going to spam if you're sending that many emails, despite them being well-intentioned.

I'll just call Tiki Farm world HQ then. Anyone know what time they open and what the phone number is?

Buzzy Out!

HT

(949) 940-1006

Thanks, I left a message...

Buzzy Out!

S

On that subject, let me also shed a little light on China production.

A friend of mine is an importer and he says that if you have something, a mug, made for you in China, that company will feel free to make more of your mug for someone else if there is an order. There is an extra fee you can usually pay them to "buy the mold" and they will not offer your product to anyone else to make.

Tiki Farm has used many manufacturers over the years and then those companies will put the Tiki Farm mugs on their sites as samples of their work. Another company will see it and ask them to make them a batch. If they didn't "buy the mold", the company will do it. They may do it anyway, but...

This is also a standard practice over there for him. If you find the company that is making wood clamps for Irwin, you can get them to run you off a batch with your label on it for you. They may change a color or something, but it is the same product.

Mahalos for the link

http://www.barproducts.com/

Already placed my order.

Looks like a job for the...
Copy Right Avenger!

And another...
https://bretopia.com/

Pages: 1 17 replies