Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Las Vegas Chop December 1, 2012

Pages: 1 14 replies

This is not specifically a "Chop only" event. This is meant to be a meet-up for Las Vegas and visiting TC'ers to get together and talk tiki, carve and have a cocktail at the Bamboo Lounge. So, non-carvers are welcome to come and hang out. Later that day, we can all meet up at Frankie's for the anniversary party (it will be quite a shindig). I have limited tools and only one workbench, so if you want to carve bring tools, wood and a sawhorse. I DO have a chainsaw, grinder, router, planer and sander. I will share my chisels but they are not the greatest.

What: Las Vegas Tiki ohana chop and meet-up.
When: December 1, 12pm-6pm.
Where: The Bamboo Lounge, PM me and I will send you my address (I don't really live in a trailerpark.)
How: Bring carving tools, wood and a good attitude! Rum is always good too.

Hi, Trailerpark Tiki,

Sounds great! :)

I look forward to meeting other Las Vegas ohana.

Please count us in.

If there's anything you would like us to bring (snacks, adult beverage), just let us know.

Ninth Islander & NinjaGrrl

Sounds good. I haven't figured out what to do for refreshments yet but will after Thanksgiving. Any suggestions are welcome. Billy the Crud will be coming too.

The Bamboo Lounge.

Sounds great
I'll bring some rum

Woohoo! We've got a few tikiphiles coming for a little art jam/chop. I'm thinking about firing up the grill and throwing on some hot dogs and hamburgers. I'm looking forward to showing off my new giant ku head, Kawika. He is my newest tiki addition and he's making a statement in my tiki bar. He appears to be saying, "Come to the Bamboo Lounge and you will be transported to paradise. Come to me, come to me..."

BTW We would love to see some TCers from outside of Vegas too.

OK choppers, the first Las Vegas Chop is this Saturday! I will get some hamburgers and hotdogs and fire up the barbeque. I have some beer and Mai Tai ingredients leftover from my birthday party, less the fresh limes. So, bring whatever you choose to drink or some fresh limes. I don't want to drink too much because the Frankie's party is in the evening and I don't do too well after drinking for 6 hours straight. -Wade

...another pic of the Bamboo Lounge.

Driving out from Cali. PM me address and anything I can bring to contribute. Looking forward to meeting the Vegas ohanna.

Glad you can make it! I just PM'ed you. -Wade

I was at Frankies last night and the bartender suggested we get there early for the anniversary party if we want a parking space. He said around 7-7:30ish should be good. Otherwise, parking is a nightmare.

Choppers, my home number is 702 898-4562.

Gate Code is 092

If anyone is in town for the Frankie's party, you are invited to stop by for a pre-party drink at the Bamboo Lounge. Call my number above for directions. -Wade

Wade
Awesome
Great fun
Thanx
I'll post pics later

Off to Frankie's 4 yr party...

Jon

THANKS WADE, GREAT DAY...

WADE, BRIAN, MIKE AND BILLY IT WAS GREAT TO SEE ALL THE WOOD CHIPS A FLYIN

AND LOOK WHO ALSO SHOWED UP...

LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEXT VEGAS CHOP...

Thanks for coming, I had a great time. Thanks for documenting the chop and you got some good shots of the Bamboo Lounge too. We will have to do it again.

Yoly and I had a great time! Thanks so much for inviting us into your home. Gotta late start on a new chop, but hopefully I'll have finished pics soon.

Thanks for coming. We enjoyed partying with you guys. I want to see the finished tikis.

Pages: 1 14 replies