Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

hi everyone these are my tikis

Pages: 1 5 replies

Y

HI EVERYONE

AS I SAID HERE ARE MY FIRST TIKI CREATIONS I ALWAYS LOVE THE PACIFIC ISLANDS ART BUT SADLY IN MY COUNTRY ITS ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND BOOKS CARVINGS OR ANYTHING RELATED WITH IT SO I HAD TO MADE MY OWN STUFF, I HAVE MADE A LOT OF LITTLE PIECES TRYING TO COPY ETHNIC TRIBAL ART FROM WORLDWIDE BUT EVEN WHEN I ALWAYS PREFER THE OCEANIC ART I NEVER TRYED TO DO SOMETHING BEFORE UNTIL NOW; SO HERE ARE A COUPLE OF PIECES I HOPE YOU ALL LIKE THEM.
IVE BEEN SEEING ALL YOUR GREAT TIKI CARVINGS AND ALL ARE GREAT SO IM INSPIRED AND GET ENCOURAGED TO SHOW MY OWN THINGS SO WITHOUT ANYMORE TO SAY :D ......

THE FIRST ONE SEEMS KIND OF MICRONESIA FIGURINES I CARVED IT FROM A LITTLE PIECE OF CAOBA WOOD WITH A SEA SHELL/HEMP NECKLACE AND MOTHERPEARL EYES 11" LONG

AND THE SECOND WAS MADE IN PAPER MACHE PASTE, LIKE THE PIÑATAS IVE BEEN DOING THINGS IN PAPER MACHE FOR YEARS OVER ALL MASKS BUT THIS TIME I WANTED TO DO A TRIBUTE TO THE HAWAIIAN CULTURE..
ITS 24" LONG, IPOD IS THERE AS A REFERENCE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2e6ArKOiNI&list=UUXnfAyYJ8nMr386hUToXT_Q&index=1&feature=plcp

Welcome to Tiki Central! I really like the paper machie one, has a nice vintage look to it. You'll find lots of inspiration here :)

A
amate posted on Fri, Nov 23, 2012 3:34 AM

Welcome aboard! You can find a lot of photos on the internet. I often spend hours looking at photos for inspiration there. I must say that your own corner of the world has some of the most facinating ancient art around...I just started on a couple things last week...I enjoy it all.

Welcome Yoruba!

Nice work, YouRuba - and the video is que bueno!

C
cy posted on Sun, Mar 10, 2013 6:40 PM

yoruba love your " Day of the Dead" influence and style, look forward to seeing you progress. Nice!

Pages: 1 5 replies