Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Just announced! GIANT benefit show for Phil Alvin (Blasters) with The Hula Girls and others! 1/26/12

Pages: 1 22 replies

There are still several bands to be announced. BIG bands… real BIG bands...
This WILL sell out, so I'm just getting you out ahead of the crowd if you'd like to go.

Tickets here: http://www.observatoryoc.com/events/the-blasters-knitters

Spike
http://www.facebook.com/thehulagirls
http://www.thehulagirlsmusic.com

[ Edited by: luckydesigns 2012-11-27 13:28 ]

Oooooooof,
Namm and Guitar Geek fest weekend
bad timing?
or did they do that then because people would be in town for Namm?

Jeff(btd)

We are in! Thanks Spike-O!

I think bad timing, Jeff.
I talked to Deke and he was bummed that he could'nt make it AND that it was on the weekend of his show.

They were looking at Deke and Big Sandy's band to be on our show too. They can't because of the Geek Fest... BUT, the other names that they are getting are BIG national acts. It'll compete with anything going on that weekend. AND it's gonna only get bigger!

TM

What's wrong with Alvin?

He got really sick while on tour in Spain. We almost lost him for good.

From his brother Dave Alvin:

"After a tough year of rough health and extremely close calls, my brother Phil is alive and kicking. Sadly, we need help to pay his foreign and domestic medical bills. So a bunch of his friends and family will come together to do just that...."

I've been talking with Dave over the phone the last couple of days, helping to get everything together for this amazing show. The Hula Girls are extremely happy to be part of this benefit and happy to be considered a friend to such an amazing musical legend.

Just wait till the other acts are announced. Tickets are already about 50% sold out after only having announced it two days ago!!

Now go listen to some Blasters music!

TM

Well, have a good show boys.....(i mean, "girls")

:)

SOLD OUT!!
1,300 tickets sold before the secrete headliner has even been announced!! UNreal.
We are super happy to be part of this show!!

Wow, glad I got my tickets when I did.

TM

Hula Girls rule!

Looks like the band X is part of the show as well as James Harman. This show is going to be epic. There was an online story yesterday on LATimes.com as well as in today's print copy of the Times.

Anyone know where I can get at least 1 ticket for the show? Been looking everywhere to no avail. Was unable to purchase them before now and they are sold out. Any help would be appreciated.

On 2012-12-28 15:27, stevenjames wrote:
Anyone know where I can get at least 1 ticket for the show? Been looking everywhere to no avail. Was unable to purchase them before now and they are sold out. Any help would be appreciated.

Ditto what he said!

C

Los Lobos added

J
JOHN-O posted on Wed, Jan 9, 2013 3:34 PM

I snoozed, I losed. Jungle Ginger, leave ATP at home. Take me instead !!

X on the bill now! , Sorry John-O this one I gotta make.

Forgot to update the poster on here. We can't wait!!

Tonight!

Epic show!
Slam Pit with a bunch of old guys!(Dave's not home dragged me into it!) during X
The Blasters sounded great,but when Dave Alvin came on stage, it was double the energy
The Knitters, Hula Girls even the bands I had not heard of, all great!

Epic fucking show......

Bet is was super epic :D. This show would have been one to go to.

Yeah, what a show!! We had a blast and were able to play 9 songs in our 30 min time slot! One, right after another. Almost killed our dancers again!
Stoked to have seen a bunch of our tiki buddies there too!

The high-light of playing this show was that by going on early, we were able to hang out with and watch the rest of the bands play. X, The Knitters, and The Blasters are all SUPER important bands to me and it was absolutley surreal to be backstage hanging out with Dave and Phil Alvin or talking with Exene and John Doe as buddies. It was amazing.

Here's to bigger and better things for The Hula Girls in 2013!

Wish I could've seen this one. Epic! Word on the street is you guys tore it up! Cheers!

RD

Pages: 1 22 replies