Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

MT Ceramics ? ? ? that's right ... and ONLY available through my website

Pages: 1 24 replies

K
kooche posted on Sun, Dec 9, 2012 3:30 PM

the above design is only a doodle... not a forthcoming mug !

COLLECT 'EM ALL XMAS KIDDIES !

T
Tattoo posted on Sun, Dec 9, 2012 7:17 PM

That's great news!

Love your art and can't wait to see more!

The plane! The plane!

[ Edited by: Tattoo 2012-12-09 19:47 ]

Yea, what is the website?

HT

Click Homepage under his message. Though as of this writing, the site is down.

HT

By the way, can't wait to see what mugs you come out with, Miles.

K

many thanks all

I spoke with a man who is to inform my exploration and I couldn't be more excited to see what comes of dipping a my big toe into this world ! possibilities are endless ! CHEERS !

Still no website.....sooooo WTF?

On 2013-01-04 10:50, kooche wrote:
many thanks all

I spoke with a man who is to inform my exploration and I couldn't be more excited to see what comes of dipping a my big toe into this world ! possibilities are endless ! CHEERS !

Did you go on a bender before you wrote this? :lol:

K
kooche posted on Wed, Jan 9, 2013 9:06 AM

atomotiki punk ! i don't DO benders anymore :wink:

http://www.koochekoo.com/

that's the (SPACEHOLDER) site... but for now ... if you want to look at things with your eyes ...

http://milesthompsonportfolio.blogspot.com/

... there is that too

this is still very early in exploration for me... so ... hang in there! - it'll be worth the wait!

Who is this man,you spoke too? :)
you are going to make us wait.....

T

Speak now, buy later, you like many times over once you see.
Dog man to veiw my ideas of tiki world.
Me love you long time.:)

T

All around the world everywhere I go
No one understands me no one knows
What I'm trying to say
Everywhere I go no one understands me
They look at me when I talk to them
And they scratch their head
They go what's he trying to say
But you you speak my language
Yea yes
All around the world everywhere I go
No one understands me no one knows
What I'm trying to say
Even in my home town
My friends make me write it down
They look at me when I talk to them
And they shrug their shoulders
They go what's he talking about
But you you speak my language
Yes
Kabrula kaysay Brula Amal amala senda Kumahn Brendhaa

K
kooche posted on Wed, Jan 9, 2013 2:11 PM

atomo
god, he told me his name was god, and he spells that wuth uuuuuuuh lowercase D O G ... wardsback
big whoops!!! NOPE - not that guy, i talked with another guy too and he knows hoodoodoowhat - he has the how and i've known this man some time
you sound ready to buy ?

TEEEEKEEESKEEEEP ! many thank yous and alohas for sharing over my fire here! reading and listening to tons of this is how you do it baby ... buying some mud and tools this wkd with a 10 yr old i love - peace - sat nam - freedom everybody

T

I could not have said it better myself.
Can't wait to see what you come up with.
Or down with in this case.

Best thread ever!!

K

a sketch for consideration - i love zbrush+photoshop! incidentally Tikiskip, that clay weekend adventure thing turned into a scupley thing:)... but we did actually sit for some time making things together and it was even fun to fire them! Ceramics seems a natural progression or extension of painting! I've been thinking about getting involved with a ceramics shop near me filled with all the weho art geeks, and imagine if I ever opt to have another gallery show it'll likely be at least in part figurative. That's refreshing for me!
Aloha

(janky armpit fudge sculpt? photohop line weird huh ??? rrrrr grumble)

K

summer is out there looming - i can feel it!

... work VERY much still in progress! (cold hearted 3D render)
... but you can see where it's going...
...letting the mind wander will get you there! {what the what ? ahem . . . ed}

...this, after some talk of a Tiki Ti ashtray ... more to follow kids !

"Red Tide"
3.5 X 2.5"
aloha !
MT

[ Edited by: kooche 2013-02-01 11:17 ]

K

Just saw the 25-days-ago post. You're a naughty boy, Miles. Pulling all the stops. Your ideas are beyond cartoony, they're surreal-looney! I love the sculptural combo of Wahine and Tiki, much can be done with that - just please tone down those red lips! :D

"Drooling is Art!"

K

BigBrotherTiki!

THANKS!!! I love hearing it! I love when you chime in as much as I know you love it when I chime in.

You know me, anything but business as usual. The lips (that shame the red red rose) are something we all ought not to be afraid of, it's the pointed filed triangular teeth behind them one ought to be leery of making physical contact with at all costs (or not, I like it like that). Yes, the pouting protuberant red lips smack of racist BBQ menus from bygone days, and might appear to some as racy (like Sport Illustrated's newest "racist" swimsuit issue), or superfluous, or like a cup running over but they are there for a wonderful reason. They honestly and shamelessly invoke all that's good about what happens in the natural world between two people. Those who feel shame over themselves or for another for having a watery mouth ought to revitalize their relationship with what's been given to us by the greatest good, life. Lips are to be cherished and prized as would a mosque, a forest, a reef, a temple, a grave, or a new tiny child... not passed over or made to fit. I'm for the quirks, the oddities, the individual. I LOVE MOUTHS and full lips and always will. This I know, and as a creator I'm pushing that WAY into the foreground. This is just a doodle, not a mug (yet?). You don't like the cup ? don't drink I say ! CHEERS! If I made the mug without such lips just because someone may or may not BUY it (or endorse it with their blessing of "taste") who would I be then ? ? ? A big softy that's who, a needy yesman. That's not me. I HAVE a point of view that others can leave, or love.

Sven, I'm glad you still think I'm an extremist, a tweaker because I am at heart just that. Though I am capable of purity I find that for me sparkling diversity, dramatic variety is truly the spice with bang!

TOE MAY TOE
TOE MAH TOE

Yours Sincerely and Most Playfully Always
MT

ps for the record... a 42 year old man is not a "naughty boy" - he's fully a Man having made it through his rites of passage:) ... "dirty old man" suits me just fine if you need a label brother.

[ Edited by: kooche 2013-02-27 09:52 ]

[ Edited by: kooche 2013-02-27 10:48 ]

As a wise man once said:

And what a passionate ode to the beauty of LIPS! I so agree! They are a most wonderful thing - the female ones, for my taste :)

And thus I associate soft lips with the female form, as in Tikidom with the Wahine, for example. Not so much with the macho, angular cubism of the Tiki.
And RED lips, purely in my association also, bring to mind unfortunate comparisons such as this:

This however is an entirely narrow-minded point of view, and only will serve to further spur the rebel in you to paint this Tiki Town all RED! I can see that to you the red lips are like the Maoris' tongue: To provoke disgust and fear in the purists' hearts so they wither away from the pure primal power of it all!
I will be at the Tiki Ti later to duke this out with ya, if you want to! :)

K

oh man - my dukes aren't up at all, esp over a doodle like that ... perhaps i'm in love with "ms.fortune" ??? - all i can tell you is i am going to let myself get comfortable with form before i pull the trigger on some lips like those or any other mug design, buti do want to share and talk turkey because i'm doing it. I know i can learn from talk and from others and btw, girl lips - YES!

that clown is a buzzkiller ! I'll pop over and catch you at the Tiki !

see you soon boss ! ! !
empty (MT)

T

I think your first mug needs to be a kooche Ku, Or a Hooche kooche Ku.

OGR

Clowns scare me...TIKI does not...great work...love the sketch pad. OGR

K
kooche posted on Fri, Mar 1, 2013 9:49 AM

Just an FYI announcement here... i hardly ever do prints but these (though NOT tiki) are currently available! email: [email protected] for acquisition information

The REAL announcement is this :

Mid 2014 SOLO EXHIBITION of new paintings and 1 of a kind ceramics items is BOOKED ! Venue TBA!

"Wahnie in the Greenie"
3.5X2.5"

gouache on paper

"Moonlit Serenade""
3.5X2.5"
gouache on paper
plenty of images similar to the above forthcoming ... Summer 2014 LA CA

PEACE COLLECTORS OF POLYPOPULP

HT

Looking forward to the solo show. Congrats. Saw the prints on Instagram, and got a good chuckle. They're great.

Hopefully I'll be able to score one of those ceramics!

Pages: 1 24 replies