Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Dr. Zarkov’s Tiki Lounge 12-12-12: Christmas

Pages: 1 0 replies

Dr. Zarkov’s Tiki Lounge Playlist: December 12, 2012

It’s that tintananbulous and tinselated time of year to celebration of the holiday season in true Tikiphile fashion. Dr. Zarkov’s Tiki Lounge is broadcast on Wednesdays, 5-6 pm EDT at: http://www.radiofairfax.org The show is broadcast live; no recorded shows are archived. Some fans choose to record it on their computers to listen to later. Radio Fairfax also can be heard on Tune In Radio at tunein.com, and streamed on smartphones by downloading the Tunein app. It can be streamed on Roku and Google TV at: http://tinyurl.com/3uqfsz9

1. “Carol of the Bells,” the 1904 composition by Mykola Leontovych based on a Ukrainian folk chant with English lyrics by Peter J. Wilh, and performed by The Brothers Cazimero on their album: Caz Christmas.

2. “Lucky You Live Hawaii” by Eric Gilliom from the collection: Moonbows for Christmas.

3. “I’ll Be Home for Christmas,” The 1943 song By Buck Ram, Kim Gannon & Walter Gannon, performed by the vocal trio Na Leo Pilimehana on their CD: Christmas Gift 2.

4. “Mele Kalikimaka” by Cyril Pahinui from the copious collection: Kiho'Alu Christmas -- Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar.

5. “Christmas Luau” from the album by King Kukulele & the Friki Tikis titled: Luau in December, featuring Joe Moe on Vocals and Waitiki Wakefield (Jeremy Wakefield) on Lap Steel Guitar.

6. A Medley of “Hark, The Herald Angels Sing” and “O Come All Ye Faithful” performed by Takoma Park, Maryland’s own John Fahey on his 1968 Christmas LP: The New Possibility.

7. “Christmas Humbug?” a Pidgin English version of Charles Dickens’ Christmas Carol by Kent Bowman, taken from the CD: Mele Kalikimaka - A Hawaiian Christmas Party.

8. “Christmas on Big Island” by the Blue Hawaiians from their CD of the same name.

9. “Ocho Kandelikas” by the Hip Hop Hoodios from the Kosher collection: A Chanukah Feast.

10. “Frosty The Snowman,” the 1950 song by Jack Rollins & Steve Evans from the Jack Jezzero & Friends album: Bossa Nova Christmas.

11. “Deck the Halls” taken from The Charlie Byrd Christmas Album.

12. “I'd Like You for Christmas,” the 1957 recording by Julie London of the song composed by her husband Bobby Troup, from the collection: Ultra Lounge: Christmas Cocktails 1.

13. “Winter Wonderland,” the 1934 song composed by Felix Bernard and Richard B. Smith performed by Arthur Lyman on his album: Merry Christmas.

14. “La Rue Des Reves” (The Street of Dreams) by Hapa from their extraordinary Xmas CD: Hapa Holidays, featuring Barry Flanagan and Keli'i Kaneali'i on Guitars.

15. “Run Rudolph Run,” composed by Johnny Marks and Marvin Brodie for Chuck Berry, who recorded it in 1958, performed for us by The Brian Setzer Orchestra from their album: Christmas Comes Alive!

Pages: 1 0 replies