Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

SHAG was Miles Thompson's first collector

Pages: 1 5 replies

Hi TC folks,

Did you guys know that Shag was Miles Thompson's first collector? Did you also know that his first legal alcoholic beverage was at Tiki-Ti? Served by Ray Buhen himself!

You can read the entire article here:

http://lowbrowliterati.com/Lowbrow_Literati/Lowbrow_Literati/Entries/2012/12/13_Miles_Thompson_Part_5__Night_of_the_Tiki.html

Mahalo,
The Monitors

Great article, mahalos for sharing that one.. :drink:

Thanks Beachbumz. I have a lo-tech website so I don't have a way for readers to interact. And because of that I feel sometimes I'm talking to a wall. That's why it's nice to hear back from readers.

Keep reading the story becomes more interesting

Wish I could whip out the old checkbook and write a $3000 check for art anytime I want like Shag! Thanks for sharing the article!

[ Edited by: tiki-riviera 2012-12-15 17:20 ]

S

Fritz,

Very nice article, about one of my favorite artists.

The paintings Shag bought from the Island Images show at Dion Gallery in Redondo Beach were: "Three Musicians" and "tiki trio". Both were incredible paintings. You can actually see "Three Musicians" hanging in SHAG's house in a pic accompying an interview, either in Tiki Magazine or the foreward of one of SHAG's many books.

There were some large prints made of "Three Musicians", and a smaller version was included in the 10 print set made available at the show.

Three Musicians, was one of my favorites from the show, unfortunately SHAG, scooped it up, but I did manage to ge the print.

That first show at Dion in Redondo, remains my favorite, we are fortunate to own four original paintings from that show, including the gigantic TAPA, featured in Sven's Tiki Modern.

On 2012-12-16 00:12, sirginn wrote:
Fritz,

Very nice article, about one of my favorite artists.

The paintings Shag bought from the Island Images show at Dion Gallery in Redondo Beach were: "Three Musicians" and "tiki trio". Both were incredible paintings. You can actually see "Three Musicians" hanging in SHAG's house in a pic accompying an interview, either in Tiki Magazine or the foreward of one of SHAG's many books.

There were some large prints made of "Three Musicians", and a smaller version was included in the 10 print set made available at the show.

Three Musicians, was one of my favorites from the show, unfortunately SHAG, scooped it up, but I did manage to ge the print.

That first show at Dion in Redondo, remains my favorite, we are fortunate to own four original paintings from that show, including the gigantic TAPA, featured in Sven's Tiki Modern.

Hi Sirginn,

Thanks for the info. I didn't realize that the original Tapa painting came from that show. I could have used you at the interview..LOL..Miles forgot some of the names of his painting. Hopefully we'll meet again soon.

Pages: 1 5 replies