Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Large Inventory of Polynesian Style Tikis from Bali For Sale Wholesale Southern CA

Pages: 1 31 replies

I have a large number of hand carved tikis sent over from southeast Asia that I am trying to unload. I have a few hundred 60 inch, and 40 inch. Around 300 60 and 40 inch masks. Also have around 40 tiki benches. Am selling them at wholsale cost but would be willing to sell entire container at cost. Product is already cleaned and sealed ready for sale. For pictures go to http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pacific-Imports/343417095720261?fref=ts

[ Edited by: calimike2001 2012-12-17 19:45 ]

[ Edited by: calimike2001 2012-12-17 19:46 ]

How would we go about purchasing them? How do we contact you?

I apologize. New here. I can be contacted by phone (909)953-0007, by email ([email protected]) or on the facebook page. Thanks. :)

Ahh, I sure do love a good authentic tiki from southeast Asia.

I guess I should have been more specific. These are carved in Bali.

On 2012-12-17 19:14, calimike2001 wrote:
I guess I should have been more specific. These are carved in Bali.

We know Bali is in southeast Asia. We also know that authentic tikis don't come from southeast Asia.
Edit: I can go to the hardware store to get the same thing.

Got Greyhounds? Viva Kate!

[ Edited by: Mr. NoNaMe 2012-12-17 19:29 ]

Ok? Not sure what the problem is. Just trying to sell my items.

Authentic tikis don't come from Asia. What are your prices?

On 2012-12-17 19:48, Mr. NoNaMe wrote:

I apologize. Wasn't thinking but I did change the title so theres no confusion. Wholesale price per piece is $100 for a 60 inch and $80 for a 40 inch. They generally retail for $180 and $150 respectively. Benches are $140, retail at $220 - $250. And masks are $10 to $15 for 40 and 60 inch which retail for $20 and $30. If someone were willing to take the entire inventory I can sell it at cost plus shipping. Entire container would be $20,000.

HT

On 2012-12-17 19:48, Mr. NoNaMe wrote:

Gahhh, I hate to be a dick here, but the western half of Papua New Guinea is part of Asia.

HT

Also, there's actually a nice Ku in the middle of this photo:

Is it's head on a spring? Like a giant bobble head? That's hands down your closest authentic tiki.
Do you have it without the bobble? If you do, I might be interested. Or maybe even if the spring can be removed, I could re-attach it. What's shipping on these run like? The one two to the left is pretty nice too.

Oh, and in case you're wondering about the hostility, although it's not a rule, it's frowned upon when new members don't want to be part of the TC community, don't introduce themselves in the proper thread, and come on here only to sell wares. Plus, Asian countries have been ripping off the style of the recently late Wayne Coombs for years, which is also not welcome among the diehard tiki enthusiasts. Not to mention the dilution/bastardization of Oceanic tiki with African masks. Bali and Indonesia are the worst offenders.

That being said, I've seen similar style tikis being sold at some recent big tiki events, that shall go unnamed.

there's a new sheriff in town,and his name is 'Wrought Iron Tiki'

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2012-12-18 14:22 ]

On 2012-12-18 07:33, Hale Tiki wrote:
Also, there's actually a nice Ku in the middle of this photo:

Is it's head on a spring? Like a giant bobble head? That's hands down your closest authentic tiki.
Do you have it without the bobble? If you do, I might be interested. Or maybe even if the spring can be removed, I could re-attach it. What's shipping on these run like? The one two to the left is pretty nice too.

Oh, and in case you're wondering about the hostility, although it's not a rule, it's frowned upon when new members don't want to be part of the TC community, don't introduce themselves in the proper thread, and come on here only to sell wares. Plus, Asian countries have been ripping off the style of the recently late Wayne Coombs for years, which is also not welcome among the diehard tiki enthusiasts. Not to mention the dilution/bastardization of Oceanic tiki with African masks. Bali and Indonesia are the worst offenders.

That being said, I've seen similar style tikis being sold at some recent big tiki events, that shall go unnamed.

Sorry for sounding hostile :blush:. I should have used happy LOLs faces. These are the same tikis at most large box stores and garden centers. I first saw the bobble head Ku five years ago. The second one from the right is even available online for a $100 w/ free shipping.

I can 'C N C' the " Hand Carving" from Here.

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2012-12-18 09:28 ]

These are hand carved. I know you can get these from the hardware store because I was the wholesaler to them. My biggest account was Home Depot. I do not have any more of the bobbleheads. They are actually one of my biggest sellers. I guess my customers are a little more mainstream than some of the real tiki enthusiasts. They are good quality though. And I apologize, I didn't know the rules for entering the forum.

I have been forced to undergo electroshock therapy of late
(TC Bigwig mandate) so just let me say welcome to TC and I like shiny things!

On 2012-12-18 12:58, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:

I like you already. :)

HT

On 2012-12-18 13:07, calimike2001 wrote:

On 2012-12-18 12:58, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:

I like you already. :)

That's very good, ATP. Here's your marshmallow.

Can I have that with a cup of Hot Chocolate please, nice lady.....

I had sent a PM to CaliMike to prepare him for the $h!tstorm that was sure to follow. I must say I am proud of you guys and your show of restaint. CaliMike seems like a nice enough guy and "Marketplace" on "Tiki Central" seems like a perfect place to sell some Tikis. It's hard for an outsider/newbie to know our unwritten rules and design prejudices. I think you've done a great job of educating him without beating him to death.
A sincere thank you,
Mike :)

Everyone one must obey the unwritten rules!
just as soon as they are.....unwritten.

I myself have unwritten many books....soooo.....

How I long for the day when I have the credibility to unwrite a rule on Tiki Central.

HT

On 2012-12-19 06:33, Professor G wrote:
How I long for the day when I have the credibility to unwrite a rule on Tiki Central.

It's more of a generational thing.

there is a difference between
A - An 'Unwritten rule'
B - A rule that has been 'unwritten'

Then, of course, we have the 'Rule of thumb'.
sometime written ,sometime not ,But, Always there,
hideing in the shadows.

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2012-12-19 10:04 ]

These last two posts...good show!

I think the 'Rule of thumb' is prejudicial to the thumb impaired!

I of course being the spokesperson for the millions of "Thumb-less Americans"

HT

On 2012-12-19 12:55, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
I of course being the spokesperson for the millions of "Thumb-less Americans"

I'll bet you're one of them dirty left handers too.

Hey, no politics! :lol:

not really a rule,just an accepted fact;
"the right thumb gets more rides."

HT

On 2012-12-19 13:26, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
Hey, no politics! :lol:

Nice.

Pages: 1 31 replies