Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Fund-raiser for Lisa-Marie at the Tonga Hut Jan3

Pages: 1 13 replies

G
GROG posted on Thu, Jan 3, 2013 2:55 AM

Our beloved and talented bartender and friend, Lisa-Marie lost her dad just before Christmas. Funeral services and having to miss days off of work has made this holiday season a bit rough for her financially and emotionally. Big Jon the bouncer at the Tonga Hut is throwing a fund-raiser tonight at the Tonga Hut to help her out. Lisa-Marie will be bartending and Jon will be DJing, so if you'd like to help out Lisa-Marie and have some delicious drinks at the Tonga Hut, swing by the Tonga Hut tonight starting at 8:30pm and throw a few dollars in the donation jar. lisa-Marie will be working a double shift, so if you want to swing by earlier, she will be there.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

[ Edited by: grog 2013-01-04 02:38 ]

Ernie, I'm not sure why you had to go and ruin what would have been a beautiful picture :wink:
Will there be some sort of "electronic tip-jar" available for those of us who can't attend?

S

Yeah, I am with Mike...Grog I won't be coming back down to The Hut for a few weeks...do you know if Lisa-Marie has a PayPal account I can send some cash too? Let us know, yo.

Love to Lisa-Marie xoxoxox

G
GROG posted on Thu, Jan 3, 2013 12:34 PM

GROG will find out and send you a PM.

[ Edited by: GROG 2013-01-03 12:35 ]

G
GROG posted on Thu, Jan 3, 2013 12:48 PM

On 2013-01-03 07:10, MadDogMike wrote:
Ernie, I'm not sure why you had to go and ruin what would have been a beautiful picture :wink:

Here ya go MadDoggy. GROG fix it for you.

Here's another one with GROG and Lisa-Marie. GROG love Lisa-Marie.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

[ Edited by: GROG 2013-01-03 12:50 ]

G
GROG posted on Thu, Jan 3, 2013 1:49 PM

Look how cute this picture of GROG and Lisa-Marie.

The only picture on the internet GROG could find that was cuter was this picture of a bulldog puppy. GROG and Lisa-Marie picture was a close 2nd.

T

Thanks a lot Grog... I was eating an orange when I saw your "fix" on this picture and a burst of laughter sent orange pulp all over my macbook... talk about apples and oranges.

See everybody tonight!

Hi Grog,

If Val and I can't make it tonight, we'd still like to help out. When you find out about "donations from afar", can you include us in that PM?

Mahalo!

kevin

G
GROG posted on Fri, Jan 4, 2013 5:11 PM

Anybody who wants to donate to Lisa-Marie, you can go to Tongahut.com and donate to their Paypal and the tonga Hut will get the money to Lisa-Marie. That's what Sandra Dee did and Marie the manager said that was fine.

You can also go to the Tonga Hut on nights that Lisa-Marie is working and just tip really well.

Really good turnout last night for the event. Lisa-Maire felt very honored to have so many people show up to lend support to her.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

[ Edited by: GROG 2013-01-04 17:12 ]

G
GROG posted on Fri, Jan 4, 2013 6:15 PM

A few pics from last night.

Marie taking down Christmas decorations prior to the event.

She decided to try on Big Mo's Santa cap for size.

Lisa-Marie anticipating the crazy night to come.

Lovely Tomica showed up to show her support.

Big Jon who threw the event, DJing.

Amy and Eric bring some love.

A lot of fellow "Bastards" showed up to lend their support.

GROG, Amy and Joe"Crazy Cat Lady" Banks.

Lisa-Marie and artist Gary.

Lisa-Marie busily slinging drinks for the nice sized crowd.

S

So glad so many came out to support her--she is a sweetheart.

Thanks Marie for taking care of my long distance tip ...I could of just given it to her when I saw her next but who knows when that will be :)

Supporting such a great person is yet another reason why the Tonga Hut and the TH tiki folk are my favorite xoxox

G
GROG posted on Sat, Jan 5, 2013 2:21 PM

The rest of the pics GROG took.

Todd consulting with GROG about how to go about tackling the Groglog and joining the "LOYAL ORDER OF DROOLING BASTARDS."

He decided to try spinning the wheel to pick his next drink.

GROG love Amy.

Jason dropped in to show his support before he had to go off to Sardos to DJ karaoke.

Jake"the bearded bastard" and Marie share a hug.

Jake and Jae, both "Bastards".

GROG and Sherriyaki--more "Bastards".

GROG and Tonga Tom--"Bastards" were everywhere. Tom isn't surprised here, he's just hiding a huge hideous cold sore.

Artist Gary and John--still more "Bastards"

John-O and Jake in deep philosophical discussion about which is better, Star Trek or Star Wars.

Lisa-Marie and a nice crowd of supporters.

Lisa-Marie delivering GROG' drink made with love as only Lisa-Marie can.
Lisa-Marie is also a Bastard, but hasn't made her plaque for the wall yet.

Jake blinded by GROG flash as GROG snap a picture of Cindy.

GROG love Sara. She is another Bastard who has yet to finish her plaque for the wall.
These "Drooling Bastards" seem to be some lazy bastards as well.

Jae and Salpy, both Drooling Bastards as well. Salpy was being camera shy that night.

G
GROG posted on Sat, Jan 5, 2013 2:30 PM

Oh, and here's the original picture with GROG, Amy and Joe Banks, so that next time GROG see him, GROG not have to hear Joe Banks crying all night about GROG making fun of him for being a crazy cat lady.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

[ Edited by: GROG 2013-01-05 14:31 ]

JB

Awesome! (why would I think this is making fun of me?)

Pages: 1 13 replies