Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

my favourite 4 tikis in tikicentral

Pages: 1 19 replies

Those 4 tikis are my most favourite tikis so far in tikicentral ... I hope everyone posts their favourites !!!!
Thanks everyone in advance guys .....

kemo

[ Edited by: kemokasikci 2013-01-08 14:06 ]

P

my favorite 2...

Dang, i was hoping one of mine would be in here but there is no way i can compete with those last two!

S

Do you think you could add a link, or the name of the artist next to the pictures so people can check out their threads in more detail?

I think the 3rd and 4th ones are 4WD Tiki's, maybe even the 2nd one also, although that could be Bowana's but i have no idea who the first one is.

K
KAHAKA posted on Wed, Jan 9, 2013 7:14 PM

Unfortunately years of pics were lost in the Carving Post thread. Some of the greatest tikis ever posted on TC were in the early pages of that thread. Shame.

I don't recognize the first one, but the second third and forth are mine.
Thank you kemokasikci for thinking so highly of my work!

D
Dagg posted on Wed, Jan 9, 2013 9:37 PM

I'm probably way off here... But could the 1st one be Benzart?

Btw LOVE your stuff 4WD, do you have a website that's lists your current work for sale?

Thanks Dagg! No website, it's all on facebook.(click link below)

hmm, link is not showing for me in this post, but it's in my other post above...

[ Edited by: 4WDtiki 2013-01-10 08:01 ]

D
Dagg posted on Thu, Jan 10, 2013 8:04 AM

Thanks, already follow you on FB. :)

Cheers

C
cy posted on Thu, Jan 10, 2013 8:53 AM

Yeah, those first four are good choices but which museum were you at when you snapped those two gorgeous idols pjc? The design, precision cuts, the depth and color are simply breathtaking!

P

yeah, Andy forwarded me those tikis, as they are for sale here in Florida on craigslist....

and at this point it's pretty obvious that this dude totally owns it, and the rest of us are screwed. thinking about starting a boy band...

the funny part is I was sitting and looking at them last night, and then I looked at the one, with it's rising sun, slotted eyes, and buck teeth and said "wow... that's kinda racist..."

I knew I seen those on craigslist! I wonder if he would trade a car or motorcycle for them?

P

or maybe a lighter or a box of tic tacs....

P

and Bill, please pardon my sense of humor in a post that basically says that you're the shit....

I am always making some kind of dumb joke...please don't take it as disrespect because you know it ain't like that brother...

No worries, Jeff. I'm thicker skinned than that.

HT

4WD, holy carp man. Those are pretty fantastic.

H
Heath posted on Tue, Feb 25, 2014 5:50 PM

On 2013-01-08 14:04, kemokasikci wrote:
Those 4 tikis are my most favourite tikis so far in tikicentral ... I hope everyone posts their favourites !!!!
Thanks everyone in advance guys .....

kemo

[ Edited by: kemokasikci 2013-01-08 14:06 ]

It took me a little while to find it, but the first one was carved by Tahitiki.
Here is a link to the creating of it.

Oh yeah, I remember Tahitiki! Wonder where he went, last post 3 years ago...

C
cy posted on Wed, Feb 26, 2014 8:16 AM

Thanks for the investigative work Heath, I had never seen Tahitiki's great work before and enjoyed going through his thread! Four excellent choices kemokaskci, outstanding work 4wd!

A
amate posted on Wed, Feb 26, 2014 5:04 PM

That Tahatiki carve was no fluke. From what I remember, everything he did was absolutely top shelf!

Pages: 1 19 replies