Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Happy 13th birthday Tiki Central, and happy 1 year anniversary of Haka at Admin!

Pages: 1 26 replies

Tiki Central was founded on Jan 12, 2000, as a Yahoo Group! TC turns thirteen today!

Last year I officially handed over the reigns to Hakalugi as the main Administrator for the site (although he had been running things behind the scenes for a few months before that) but nonetheless, it's been one year since the official turnover

Haka, I wanted to thank you publicly for keeping the tiki torch burning. Keep up the good work ....

Mahalo,

~Hanford

Happy Birthday indeed!!
Well done on keeping this place running. I can learn a thing or two from you guys.

-Dr. Tiki

Hakalugi has done a great job! Thanks for all the hard work to you & Boris also
you have no idea how he has kept me from burning the place down
Oh look some matches! :P :P and a :drink:

[ Edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2013-01-13 02:42 ]

Thanks guys for hanging in there!

H

Happy Birthday Tiki Central! And thank you Hanford and others for the kind words!

Personally, as far as me being here, in addition to Tiki and fine rum concoctions, I blame Doctor Z and Unga Bunga.

Long live Tiki and Tiki Central!

~Haka

Long live TC!

Three cheers to Haka and Boris for keeping the show going. Tiki Central is now a teenager - you know what that means!

DC

On 2013-01-13 01:48, Hakalugi wrote:
Happy Birthday Tiki Central! And thank you Hanford and others for the kind words!
Personally, as far as me being here, in addition to Tiki and fine rum concoctions, I blame Doctor Z and Unga Bunga.
Long live Tiki and Tiki Central!

~Haka

Hey!
It wasn't me who came up with a hangover cure. Or should I say curse, I could down twice as many mai tais because of it.
I'll tell you who's fault it is how I got caught up in this crazy theme circus (loving every minute of it, mind you!)
Martiki and Bamboo Ben! That's Who!
If you wanna pass blame, pass the Tiki to them.

Congrats to Tiki Central for finally reaching puberty! When's the bar mitzvah? (I mean there will be a bar, right?)
Thank you Hanford, Chaka Boogie (Hakalugi), Bora Boris, and all the rest from the past.

MAY THE TIKI RISE TO YOU!
ALOHA!

Thank you Hanford and Hakalugi :)

W

Many thanks to so many here! Happy birthday!

Chris

OGR

Thanks for the great job on TC and for the escape....Happy Birthday! OGR

TM

Happy Birthday tiki central.

Thank You Tiki central for keeping Tiki alive and cheers to making new friends!

Happy Birthday and thank you to Tiki Central for helping us learn to make better cocktails. I could go on and on about all the many things Tiki Central does for us, but I won't. In fact, I think I'll go make myself a drink!

YAY!

I would sing "Happy Birthday to you" but I would have to pay royalties to someone.
I would sing "For he's a jolly good fellow" but it actually might be "For she's a jolly good fellow". Ya know, at 13, you would think the gender would be very obvious.

I will just say "Happy Birthday and many many more"

Happy B-day TC,
and Cheers to Haka and Boris

Jeff(btd)

T

I'd like to add my best birthday wishes to Tiki Central and the folks who made it possible, as well as those who continue to sustain it... in particular, Hanford and Hakalugi. Tiki Central has considerably enlarged my life experience and scope of friends!

I myself celebrate a birthday on January 12. I'm really proud that I share it with Tiki Central.

-Tom

How Cool TTD! Happy Days to all! ... and thanks ....

8T

13 Years old in 2013. Let's hope that's a lucky # for all.

Happy Birthday to Tiki Central! A wonderful place that I am most thankful for!

Also, Happy Birthday to Tom!

R.

Happy 13 TC!!!!

As I am eternally grateful for Tiki Central, I still wish that the "Remember Password on this Computer" check box would work for me - it never did.

I have had to re-sign in completely (with name and password) on most of my over 10 000 posts. It would be so nice to not have to do that...

A minor thing, but with me promoting image posting as the most viable way of communication here, it adds up.

Well, since we are taking the opportunity to use the 13 year birthday wishes as a "suggestion box" for the next 13 years on Tiki Central, how about finding a way to upload more that one photo at a time using the browse function.

As a frequent poster of multiple images, I can tell you that this takes up a lot more time that typing in my password!

Tiki Central rules!

DC

:tiki: HNY&HB13 TC! :tiki:

:drink: Mahalo'z for da chokest tiki hangout Hanford, Hakalugi & Boris...CHEERS!! :drink:

Thanks Hanford.
If it weren't for you, I'd be a wealthier man with a lot less interesting bar/collection.

Okole Maluna! And here to another 13!

EDIT: /friends/vacations/ohana

[ Edited by: Hale Tiki 2013-01-15 12:34 ]

I

Cheers! :drink:

Pages: 1 26 replies