Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

NAMM 2013 thread!!!!

Pages: 1 3 replies

TM

It's been a long weekend! I saw many a tiki man there, Jim Bacchi and his percussionist, JP, Kevin tiki bong Bullat and a few others....

as we were at the ukelele booth the whole time, we had many very, very famous Hawaiian musicians stop by and check us out! Pictures to follow, and if you went, please post your pictures right here!

TM

Flock, otherwise known as Jason Lee! (yeah, the surf dude from Tiki Oasis)

Pat Enos, Akemi Welsh (our dancer) JonPaul (Tikiyaki Orchestra, Insect surfers and one of my favorite bassists to listen to)

The man himself, Bill Tapia!

Daniel Ho (Tia Carrere, Kilauea, Forgetting Sarah Marshall) and Jason Arimoto (yeah, the uke wizard who plays at Don's!)

Me and Bashiri Johnson (Whitney Houston, Donald Fagen, Madonna, Steve Winwood, Anita Baker, George Michael, Gloria Estefan, Celine Dion, Mariah Carey, Angelique Kidjo, Toshi Kubota, Maxwell, Miles Davis, Luther Vandross, Carol King, James Taylor, Spice Girls, Sade, Aretha Franklin, Blues Traveler, Brandy, Peter Wolf, Eric Clapton, Lionel Richie, Soundtracks: Mission Impossible, Godzilla, 54, The Bodyguard, When We Were Kings, The Mask, In And Out, et. al.)

Me and Benny Chong (needs no introduction, a god of the Ukelele)

Me and Jauqo 111X, my friend from Chicago who is one of the world's best electric bassists, bar none...Ornette Coleman was one of his mentors..

Pat and Bully Soares (worked with Don Ho)

Pat and Akemi Welsh

well, that's all I have for now. There were more taken by other people. Now, let's see pictures everyone else took...Spike? JP? Jim?

TM

Is that Pat with Billy Bob Thornton? Or is it that Captain Morgan rum guy? It's Ukelele Ray!

Pages: 1 3 replies