Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Holy crap! It's Jay Crabb!

Pages: 1 4 replies

O
Otto posted on Tue, Feb 5, 2013 1:44 PM

Mark Holt tipped me to the talents of bartender Jay Crabb a few years back. Now he is at Forbidden Island! What a match!

Tomorrow night Jay will debut behind the stick at FI for Otto's Grotto

He has vowed to mix a special libation. Don't miss it!

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/jay-crabb/8/22/494?_mSplash=1&sessionid=n_GYkeG1EwsEYx4VxmM1

J

What the !?!? Jay Crabb at Forbidden Island! That is fantastic!

O
Otto posted on Wed, Feb 6, 2013 8:28 AM

OK, see you there. I think he only works two days right now but one of them is Wednesday!!

I'm really glad to hear that Jay will be bartending at the Forbidden Island! I first learned about Jay Crabb due to the Critiki reviews of the long gone Martini Monkey that used to be at the San Jose International Airport. I was intrigued by the praise lavished on his tasty rum creations. I found him at the Walnut Creek Yacht Club where I've enjoyed his exquisite cocktails on several occasions. He has also participated in the two Ministry of Rum events that where held at Jack London Square in 2010 and 2011. Jay is a superb mixologist having mastered classic & exotic cocktails and frequently devises his own creations. See his cocktail blog at http://jaycrabb.blogspot.com/ .

Ladies and Gentlemen, we are proud to welcome Jay Crabb as our new manager. He is currently working two days a week and will be bringing his expertise to our shores, by creating a special cocktail every Wednesday and (in short order) a Farmer's Market punch every Sunday! We are really excited to have Jay with us. I have personally know Jay since the Martini Monkey days and have followed his career over the years. Most recently, he was managing the venerable Walnut Creek yacht Club and in the process, was voted "Best Bartender" two years in a row by Diablo Magazine! Welcome, Jay!

Pages: 1 4 replies