Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Trader Dick's Mugs & Bowl

Pages: 1 1 replies

The wife was out in Reno a week ago, and just before she caught her plane she popped into Trader Dick's just before it was open and was asked to come back in about an hour. After explaining that she needed to catch a plan and couldn't come back, the manager let her in after being told that she just wanted to buy a couple of mugs.

These are by no means rare, but for a total of $15 ($6 for the bowl, $3 each for the mugs), it was worth buying. They threw in (for free) a plastic Malibu Rum promotional pineapple mug with plastic lid so now my 4 year old can enjoy her morning pineapple juice. Some newby's to tiki mug collecting might see some or all of these mugs (and bowl) on ebay, and hopefully see this post and can wait until they, or a friend, are in the area to pick them up. I just couldn't see myself paying ebay prices for these.

The bowl and 3 mugs all have the raised Trader Dick's logo. The mug next to the bowl has green-jeweled eyes.

As I said, the wife didn't get to experience Trader Dick's, but you can get an (always) accurate report from TheJab by checking his review of the place here.

Aloha,

Yes, I used to live in Reno, and if you ever go up there stop by some thrift stores. You can usually find a bunch of the Trader Dick's mugs for $2 ea..

I've got a bunch!

Jim

Pages: 1 1 replies