Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

INSECT SURFERS Kickstarter for First New Album in 10 Years!

Pages: 1 8 replies

J

Insect Surfers First New Album in 10 Years!!!

If there are any Insect Surfers fans out there who are feeling generous and would like to help out "Planet Earth's Longest Running Modern Surf Band," a KICKSTARTER campaign is currently underway to help raise much-needed funds to complete the first new album in 10 years!!!!
The current lineup, featuring the new addition of mind-bogglingly virtuosic guitarist Michael Abraham (who has played with Donovan, Mads Tolling, in the orchestra pit for Wicked and American Idiot, among other amazing gigs) is the strongest ever and the material on the new album will reflect this. It's going to be an incredible instrumental melting pot of styles that only the Insects are capable of--Surf, Psychedelic Rock, Spaghetti Western, Link-Wray-esque early Instros, Eastern-scale bliss, and so much more. There's even a track featuring a host of all-star guitarists adding their own special solo! I've been sworn to secrecy and can't mention names, but let me just say that if you like Biker Fuzz, San Francisco Psychedelic Surf, Slowcore, and/or the band that literally invented Surf music, you're going to be amazed by this track!
For as little as the cost of a single Tropical drink, you could really make a huge difference!
Big thanks to the entire Tiki community for all of your continued support over the years! The best is yet to come!
Cheers!

J

IN !! :)

Backed!

kevin

J

Wow, thanks, guys! You ROCK!!!!!
The whole band is completely overwhelmed by the amazing response so far!
9 days to go!!!

The Insect Surfers were one of the first surf bands I ever heard when I started doing zines in the mid-90's. A great band, and their Kickstarter campaign is well worth supporting - good luck guys!!

In!

Only if Dave drives over and picks it up.
:wink:

just kidding, need to figure out how to donate to this great cause.

Jeff(btd)

They hit it.
Yay!!!!

Jeff btd

Sweet! Congratulations, Insect Surfers.

Kevin

Pages: 1 8 replies