Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

How To Build a DIY Propane Tiki Torch

Pages: 1 0 replies

A

Disclaimer: Not my picture...

Let be begin by saying I had a dilemma, I wanted those beautiful gas fueled tiki touches like found on the amazing island of Oahu, HI (Picture on top). After a one week vacation in Hawaii I absolutely wanted to bring some of these touches home with me. After visiting the local company BSL (Beachside Lighting) and seeing how they were made, I was about to purchase 6 units to take home, but then was shocked at the $189/ piece price tag. I decided to make my own and share it with everyone else.

I have spend 3 months researching and sourcing the materials, and very soon I will begin construction on them and decided to share them with you.

Now, the copper cone found on the BSL torch is spun 18 gauge copper, After contacting many local, state and even overseas custom metal spinning factories an aluminum cone similar to that size would cost $40/ piece and Copper would be around $100/ each, so that was definitely NOT my answer.

I decided I can purchase these tiki lamps, gut them and just use the copper shell at $29.99/ Each, OR purchase an aluminum funnel (like you use for changing your oil) and paint it with copper heat paint at around $8 each!

Currently I need your help, maybe you know where can I source cheap metal cones, with similar dimensions to the BSL Tiki, 7" wide and 8" tall?

Pages: 1 0 replies