Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

Anyone Get Tattooed While in Oahu?

Pages: 1 13 replies

This might be a longshot BUT...

I am leaving for Oahu on Friday for a week to celebrate my 35th birthday and plan on getting tattooed while there as my "souvenir". I have used Yelp to find a list of tattoo parlors in the area but I was wondering if anyone who has traveled to Oahu has been tattooed there and if you have a suggestion on a good place to go

Thanks in advance!

[ Edited by: SandraDee 2013-03-04 11:26 ]

skin deep tattoo, they also own a few shops in philly including the hawaiian themed no ka oi.

Aloha,

While I do not have ink, Josh at A Tiki Tattoo on Kuhio avenue wears a few tiki tats... I'm told he is pretty good at making them too...

N

I haven’t been there in about 10 years but there was a shop just off Hotel St. called China Sea that has a lot of history and once owned by Sailor Jerry. They had a good reputation of doing class A work and all the great vintage sailor hula dancers and "Mom" art on the walls was worth the trip alone.

Only YOU would ask that question, anyone else would be happy to bring back a sandal necklace :lol:

S

On 2013-03-04 16:36, MadDogMike wrote:
Only YOU would ask that question, anyone else would be happy to bring back a sandal necklace :lol:

Ha! Well you know me...I already have enough Hawaiian souvenirs to have my own store--I want something that means more :)

Thanks for the suggestions! I appreciate it!!

On 2013-03-04 15:31, Phillip Roberts wrote:
Aloha,

While I do not have ink, Josh at A Tiki Tattoo on Kuhio avenue wears a few tiki tats... I'm told he is pretty good at making them too...

I met Josh at A Tiki Tattoo and he does some nice work. His shop is near all the Waikiki hotels. However, I decided against getting ink because you are not supposed to go swimming with a fresh tattoo, it can get infected. Jus sayin'.

S

On 2013-03-05 15:13, Trailerpark Tiki wrote:
However, I decided against getting ink because you are not supposed to go swimming with a fresh tattoo, it can get infected. Jus sayin'.

I have 70+ tattoos so I think I am good with how to care for them.

And I really won't be spending anytime in the water...lots to see and do in Hawaii so swimming is low priority on my list. Thanks for your recommendation and advice though!

D
Dagg posted on Wed, Mar 6, 2013 7:57 PM

On 2013-03-04 15:31, Phillip Roberts wrote:
Aloha,

I got a Tiki on the back of my calf from this shop, last year. Totally happy with it.

Let's see some pics of those tattoos from Oahu! I'm heading there in the summer....so...who knows what I may come back with?!?!

D
Dagg posted on Fri, Mar 8, 2013 11:21 AM

On 2013-03-07 10:46, tikitonga wrote:
Let's see some pics of those tattoos from Oahu!

Its on my "travel leg" in between Athens and Paris, under Mexico, around the corner from Budapest :)

cell phone pic....

[ Edited by: hang10tiki 2013-05-30 20:53 ]

Aloha,

Walked by "A Tiki Tattoo" today and it's gone... Shocking... Maybe they moved... I'll find out and let you know...

D
Dagg posted on Wed, Mar 20, 2013 7:08 PM

I hope they didn't go out of business...

Pages: 1 13 replies