Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

The Hammerhead Lagoon

Pages: 1 2 replies

My hybrid tiki bar started a year and a half before construction ever started. While browsing Craigslist one day I came across a taxidermied 6' Hammerhead shark. I had to have it because, well, it's a freakin shark! How do you say no to that?

Once I started building my bar-garage (priorities, order them correctly), the Hammerhead was the first piece to go up. He was hanging even before the roof was installed.

HT

Welcome to our little corner of the Internet!

I wouldn't pass up a shark either. Good taxidermy is hard to find, and quite expensive.

Be sure to go introduce yourself and tell us a little about you in the new member thread under general. And give this page a little read, and learn about us:

http://www.tikicentral.com/about.php

There's a wealth of information here. Can't wait to see how your tiki bar progresses.

There are some elements in here that I know some will find odd choices, like the School Bus piece. Well, in addition to this being a nice warm escape in the frozen tundra of upstate NY, it is also a nod to my past and some other parts honoring my ancestors. The School Bus part in particular is in honor of my Grandfather.

The first roll of bamboo came in and I was able to see if I was really going to like the look of it like this as a wall covering. It was given the thumbs up from the Mrs. and kids, so I ordered the rest to cover the whole wall.

Here's the whole wall covered.

Yes, I know it's not quite the whole wall. I have plans for palapa thatch covering to make the transition from roof to the top 2' of the wall down to the top of the bamboo.

Here is the first of two custom lights I made from deck lights salvaged from the USS Raleigh.

Pages: 1 2 replies