Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Everything must go.

Pages: 1 7 replies

UJ

Aloha everyone.

It's been a long time since I've posted on the board. I have dropped in from time to time, but haven't felt the need to post anything. A lot of things have happened in my life that has caused me to reevaluate my collections and I have decided to sell off 95% of my tiki/nautical/Polynesian collection. I have created a free throw-away site to showcase what I have for sale and go into more in depth explanation on why I'm eliminating my collection.

I want my collection to go to you guys. I know you all will cherish and take care of the pieces I have to offer much better than selling it all off to a bunch of frat boys on Craigslist. I don't have a lot of highly valuable mugs, but the mugs I have collected hold some sort of value to each one of us. Yes, some mugs are already sold as I had collectors already contact me prior to creating this post.

Currently I have one catalog up with mugs up that I can easily access. But check back often here where I will post a new catalog announcement. Please contact me through my email address posted on that site, I might not get a chance to check this site often for any private messages. All mugs are first come first served. I have many items for sale and I would love to get them all sold by May. I will do my best to get everyone shipped out in the proper time, but I might get overwhelmed with an influx of interested parties, so please bear with me. Please feel free to send me any questions.

http://unklejohn.wix.com/halinekonu

Unkle John, Kudos to you sir for going about this in all the right ways!
beautiful job on the catalogs, Your pricing is extremely reasonable!!!
I think you have set the bar on "The right way to sell on marketplace"
and to fellow TCers!

:drink: :drink: :drink:

S

Congrats on your soon-to-be new edition Unkle John!

I have often wondered what happened to ya...and now I know!

Please stop in from time to time after your sale is complete so we know how you are doing.

All the best wishes for the future to you and your growing family!

xoxox

HT

Good job keeping it classy, and putting time, and thought into it.

I'm sure the spirit of aloha will always be with you, and congratulations on the upcoming bouncing baby boy!

UJ

Thanks a bunch everyone!

I have had a blast putting these catalogs together. My collection might not grand on the scale of many hard core collectors here on the board, but I admired all of them and felt that they all deserved a great send off. I am behind in my scheduled on getting the rest of the catalogs finished, but I will giving all of those items the same treatment.

I also want to thank everyone who have already purchased mugs and many thanks to the ones who are in the process. Julie and I are overwhelmed in the response. While she can't drink, I've been enjoying some of my favorite cocktails as I document my collection. Don't worry, I'm not using the mugs I am selling. LOL

I will keep you guys updated on the baby when he's born. We are looking at a May 24th birth. This could always change of course, you know they come when they are ready. :)

Many many mohalos to you all.

Unkle John

[ Edited by: Unkle John 2013-03-07 09:46 ]

HT

I don't think anyone's worried about you using them.

Heck, as far as I'm concerned, it's a good reason to give each one a send off, and enjoy a cocktail in every one! :)

Thank to everyone who was interested! Julie and I really appreciate your interest and hope that you all enjoy the mugs. We have enjoyed our time reminiscing about each mug as it goes to it's next destination, knowing that it was time for a new person to admire them. Although, Hale Tiki, I did consider drinking from some of them one last time. Even though I like to drink, I think that would have taken me forever to complete such a task. LOL

I am going to close this catalog today so I can move the unsold and other mugs to a new, cleaner catalog. One that isn't cluttered with "sold" stamps. I have all of my paper goods and swizzle sticks in line to be photographed this weekend and hope to have it up at the same time as the new catalog.

The pregnancy has been going well, but we've been having to go to the doctor more often than we wanted to this week. Julie was diagnosed with gestational diabetes. While her numbers are barely above the recommended level (she's like 2-15 over at times), it still upsets her that she has been moved to a new doctor and such. But, the baby is growing at the correct rate and his heart sounds very strong.

Thanks again everyone, I'll drop a line when the new catalogs go up.

[ Edited by: Unkle John 2013-03-15 09:05 ]

Just a reminder that I still have a few mugs that I need to clear out.

http://unklejohn.wix.com/halinekonu

Pages: 1 7 replies