Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Toasting Bahooka

Pages: 1 8 replies

Even though no one will be able to cross that wonderful threshold, again & tonight's events have been canceled, I encourage you all to join me in a "so-long" toast to Bahooka at 7:30 PM, Pacific time. I will be in my lounge toasting with my Bahooka mugs. Weather you're in you home bar, Don's, Tiki Ti, Tonga Hut or some other Tiki-friendly environment, please post pics of your toast, on this thread, as one last fond memory of one of the most amazing places I've ever had the pleasure of visiting.
Aloha, Bahooka!

Apologies for the cross-post from the events thread, but thought everyone might be interested.

For those in the Los Angeles area who were planning on going to Bahooka tonight, Tonga Hut just posted this on their Facebook page:

"Tribute to the legendary Bahooka tonight, beginning at 4.
Toast at 6, wherever you are.
Serving the 'Ruffus' created by our own Marie King, garnished with a carrot stick!"

That works, too. Wherever you are, whenever you toast, please post your pics here for posterity.

W

Just came in from moving snow. Here's to you Bahooka from Lincoln Nebraska.

Farewell!

Chris Abbott

OK, so technically, it's my 3rd toast, but who's counting?

From the So. Calif desert, Salute!

Farewell, Bahooka from The Mauna Kai Lounge in frozen New England.

Toasting Bahooka from Osteria Mozza in Los Angeles with an Il Postino - the one rum drink on the menu. :)

I need a haircut!

Toasted the Bahooka tonight at the Tonga Hut memorial gathering with Marie's special "Rufus" drink.

Flaming in a standard Bahooka bowl with a carrot garnish no less.

Commemorated by Eric October's amazing art.

DC

The Ruffus cocktail, including carrot garnish, at Tonga Hut, in front of mini Bahooka sign by Eric October...

Pages: 1 8 replies