Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

float light weaving

Pages: 1 2 replies

Due to a purchasing mistake I have two of these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-WHITE-ACRYLIC-PLASTIC-GLOBE-OUTDOOR-LIGHTING-POST-POLE-OPENING-5-25-NECKLESS-/170918726781?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item27cb8ccc7d

They are 12" plastic globe lights that I bought to replace one that broke on the top of exterior poles in my backyard. They have seams so they were no good for the light poles. My plan is to paint or stain the insides so they're not white and then attempt to weave a float net for one of them for my bar. Thanks to MDM I found a tutorial here on TC for the process of weaving but I'm having trouble finding rope that isn't pure white. What kind should I be looking for and what thickness is appropriate for a globe of this diameter? To be safe I'm going to buy 200 ft of rope. The directions say nylon is best but ebay has nylon rope that is white. I'd like something more natural colored. FWIW, the globe will hand from my outdoor bar's ceiling, protected but not inside although I could put it inside the Gator hut.....

Mahalo in advance for any advice.

How did your light project come out? Did you find the rope? I was at the local hardware store yesterday and they had rope that I think would work.

I'm embarrassed to say that I haven't started. We've been building the back bar and not much else! What kind of rope did you see at the hardware store?

Pages: 1 2 replies