Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Kahiki Restaurant record albums

Pages: 1 18 replies

[ Edited by: Cbusauctionman 2013-04-30 02:33 ]

These records have nothing to do with the Kahiki. The restaurant didn't even have a turntable!!!

This is obviously a scam trying to cash-in on the Kahiki name for a bunch of crap condition records!

U
umeone posted on Tue, Apr 9, 2013 2:17 PM

Jeff,
I agree with how many people milk the name Kahiki with records that were never used at the Kahiki, or people that sell 1 stir stick or napkin at a time as well as the people that keep selling the small menus. The Sapp family has often wondered who keeps printing these menus or napkins. We are happy that people remember the Kahiki and keep the KAHIKI as one of the best polynesian establishments ever, but the sellers that sell only one napkin or menu when they have them copied or printed is somewhat disturbing. Glad you called the seller out on the records and hope people don't fall for this con.

Jeff and Umeone,

Not a con. That's where they were purchased. I don't think it would be wise to try to sell fake "Kahiki" items on this site.

[ Edited by: Cbusauctionman 2013-04-09 14:27 ]

T

"keeps printing these menus or napkins"
Those were sold by the cases at the last auction.
Heck Jeff bought like one million of them.
And Soung gave me a case of stirs, I give them out all the time.
Now I only have 999.000 left.

But the seller here has had other items that did look Kahiki so who knows.

After selling quite a few verified lamps and artifacts, I'm a little surprised at the comments. There are TC members who know how to authenticate based on experience with the Kahiki including what was printed on sales receipts, writing on labels, who was employed, and even details such as the type of plastic wrap used to protect items.

Tikicentral is where true Kahiki fans gather which is why I sell the items here. It would not be in my best interest to sell numerous authenticated items and then try to “pull one over” to make a quick $35 on records. Members who purchase these items will know they are from Kahiki.

This is a real Kahiki record.........

HT

On 2013-04-10 06:10, Jeff Central wrote:
This is a real Kahiki record.........

I really wish someone would digitize that. Twice now I've lost out on it on ebay.

T

That a great record Jeff!

PS I do not know Cbusauctionman, this is not my sale, nor do I have
any connection to this sale.
I in fact did want to buy these, but did not as I was beat to them.

Just so ya all know.
Tiki folks can get some wild ideas in their heads.:)

[ Edited by: tikiskip 2013-04-10 16:47 ]

Skip, are you able to tell what was at the private sale??

On 2013-04-10 06:26, tikiskip wrote:

Just so ya all know.
Tiki folks can get some wild ideas in their heads.:)

[ Edited by: tikiskip 2013-04-10 06:28 ]

Ya think?

:) :) :)

[ Edited by: tikiskip 2013-04-10 16:48 ]

I have none :(
And never got to go.
That's one that'll always get at me to have never visited, because it was so close, my whole life, and I didn't know about it.

Kahiki Restaurant tiki statue

This statue stands just over 3’ tall (37.5in) and weighs approx 20lbs. This statue was located in the rainforest against the back wall. The label (indicating the location when removed from the restaurant) still remains on the back of the statue.

There is some damage to note: around the neck and two front ankles (I have the piece for one of the ankles). There is also a small chip on the very top. Despite the damage, it will stand perfectly upright without additional support. Please have a look. Thank you.

I’ll take the best offer. Cash only. No returns.

For those outside C-bus, I will accept Paypal. I typically use a local UPS store and will give you the info to make shipping arrangements. I’ll drop the items off to them.

Sold. Thank you

[ Edited by: Cbusauctionman 2013-05-03 17:24 ]

HT

Would love to see more detailed photos!

On 2013-04-30 06:57, Hale Tiki wrote:
Would love to see more detailed photos!

Added to CL. Thanks for looking.

Hi all,

Here the link of Kahiki Restaurant..Sad day/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28TTiyqh8aM

I kind of threw up in my mouth a little bit when I saw them cutting open the roof.

I will forever be sad that I never got to see the place in person.

thank heavens to murgatroid someone was tenacious enough to save that piece.

incredible video.

i wonder what the final cost was on that endeavor....?

Pages: 1 18 replies