Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Bench and Stool with Pics...

Pages: 1 5 replies

T

Sorry, could not figure out how to do pics...

I buy, renovate and sell 50s and 60s ranch houses in Atlanta and recently bought a bunch of MCM stuff from a house. I am familiar with Witco maps, but not so much on Tiki items. Included in the lot I bought was a stool with red cushion and a two-seated bench with aqua cushions. It was an estate and the whole house literally looked like the 60s. Is anyone familiar with these pieces? Any idea of value? I was primarily interested in the tables and chairs, but they wanted to sell it all as a group. Let me know and thanks!!!!! TOM

I have a shop that I sell that stuff out of all of the time. That bench two seat thing usually goes for $3400, and I've never seen the stool go for less than $1900 in my place or any other, when sold alone. The whole original set with the matching table usually hits the low $20k's. Last year I sold those two pices (with matching seat colors)and a Viking ship wall hanger to a guy in Japan for $7500. I did throw in a free hippo stool with that.

Buzzy Out!

The stools typically go for $75-$85; that bench maybe $200 or so. But it all depends...

W0W-that bench is cooooool

Gheez Buzzy.
By suggesting prices like that in such a believable and convincing manner it's bound to give him a greedy thought to get them priced to sell at those figures,thus causing a stampede of inflated priced Witco to flood the market by the owners who see dollar signs and huge profit margins on their garage sale finds .
Only to cause a Witco bubble to occur.Then the inevitable bursting, causing a spiraling downward drop in prices resulting in a ,dare i say it, Recession of Witco .

Oh the horror,

On 2013-04-09 20:13, closettiki wrote:
resulting in a ,dare i say it, Recession of Witco .

Oh the horror,

That's why I'm trying to unload my entire showroom of Witco right now. I want to be liquid enough at the time to invest in forever stamps the day before the price of them goes up.

Buzzy Out!

Pages: 1 5 replies