Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Tiki Caliente Vendors swag and official Merchandise

Pages: 1 43 replies

Peep's of the Tiki world,

We created this link to show you what items you can get your grubby hands on if you go to Tiki Caliente 5.
These items are from myself and the hand selected vendors and artist that create our small event.

These are for Pick-up at the event ONLY and it is up to the vendor if they want to place it on hold of not.

Give your eye's a treat and check out some cool swag below.

Hope to see you in May

W

Official Tee's will come in Chocolate Brown or Charcoal Gray.

$20 CASH EACH

Official Casual Brown Sun Hat
$20 CASH EACH

More to come,including V.I.P. Party/Print Release

Rory "WILDSVILLE MAN" Snyder

http://www.tiki-caliente.com

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2013-04-08 14:39 ]

Good stuff. I'm excited.

Mahalo Tiki will be there with a complete line of Tiki mugs.

We might even have a couple new mugs from our buddy at Eekum Bookem.

You mean the Official Tiki Caliente 5 Mug producer John Mulder?

He will be at the Event signing our mug's as well as any of the mug's he created above.

This Suave gentleman will be at the event for $75.00
Only 200 are created
11in tall with moving beads and a boat load of style

C
cy posted on Mon, Apr 8, 2013 9:25 PM

Come and listen to a story about a haole named Cy
A tiki carving man whose wares you ought to buy
I'm sailing from Frog Island with a bunch of new tikis
Cause I hear the southern state is the place I need to be.
Caliente that is, warm weather, mai tais.

Well the first thing to know is that Cy's from Oregon
where cedar, fir, and pine are the woods that they are done
I said "Californy is the place I'll bring my things"
so I'm loading up the van and I'm heading to the Springs
Palm Springs that is, swimming pools, tiki bars

I'd like to thank the Wildsville man for planning these hip shows
The pith helmeted cool- cat whose always changing clothes
You're all invited to The Curves the music will be grand
As long as you have purchased your Caliente 5 wrist band.

Y'all bring cash now, y'hear?

HT

Brilliant, Cy.

Cheer's

T

Hello, Cy from Oregon. I love the picture of your wares -- how did you get Dave Wronski's Jaguar to pose?

C
cy posted on Tue, Apr 9, 2013 4:43 PM

I told him I was Kurt Cobain's brother. Was disappointed to hear Slacktone will not be in this year's lineup.

Cy,
That tiki on the back right looks like he is waiting in line for the bathroom and he can't hold it.

W

C
cy posted on Tue, Apr 9, 2013 6:31 PM

Too funny W, I have an unpaid bill for "Burned Grass" from the Travel Lodge, hope it doesn't carry over to the new management.

This is a Sneek-Peek at the V.I.P. Caliente Party/Pack

For the past 3 years we have released a mini art set (8x10in with a pendant) and a private on grounds party to 30 people plus 1 Guest.

This year we do the same with a slight twist,

We will release 33 Set's of prints attached to a pass that will get you into a private on grounds party the weekend of Tiki Caliente.
30 set's will be the standard set (Only 30 will be created) plus (3 print set's that have slight changes that we give to large sponsors)only 5 were created.
They will be mixed so you have a chance to get either set.

Price $50
2 matching number prints and a collectable item that will get you and 1 friend into the party on grounds

Time of release is not set yet,

Thanks for your time and loyalty.

W

S

I'll be there with some TiKis

and some smaller stuff too!

CA

will make only 20 of these and will have them on hand.

T

Here they are folks . The official Tiki Caliente 5 pendants . I carved the master from koa and reproduced 60 of them for the event . They are numbered in order . Rory will have me doing a special sale Friday night so you can all get your pendants at one time . If any are left over Ill be vending them at my booth . 60 pendants but then I had to make 4 little skulls for each and tie them on . Whew !!!!! The pic does not do these suckas justice . One of them is hanging behind the bell at Trader Sams . See ya there .

T

Every year Doug Horne creates the poster and I recreate his vision into 3D by the pendants and the Offficial Tiki.I think this is his best design yet but every year I think he tests my skills to see if I can pull it off . This single hunk of Mexican fan palm carved like oak so I could add all his little details and its shaped like the mug design . I love the way the outer dark wood contrasts the softer inner wood for the pants and the finish makes it POP! This will be on display in the lobby with a large secret tiki Im working on now .Yes this piece is for sale and will be priced accordingly to the amount of math ,carving and detail . Even the little cat at his feet which is stained "espresso" color has Abalone eyes that twinkle . Im so proud of the way this came out but it was a lot of work . I hope you enjoy it as much as I do . Mahalos, Ray

C
cy posted on Mon, Apr 22, 2013 12:06 PM

Looks fantastic TIKI-RAY, can't wait to see it live!

Nice job, Ray!

Wow
Awesome....

Jon

Tiki-Ray
Well done. Looking forward to getting one of those!

And why the cat?

[ Edited by: Tiki-ESP 2013-04-23 11:52 ]

T

The cat was in the original mug design but it was impossible for John Mulder to add it to the mug and make it cost effective to the masses. My carving was a one time deal so I left it in.

T

Cool!

Amazing job Ray, as always! I have just a little preview here of things that we'll be bringing to the show. Be prepared for some amazing new stuff at the show. You never know...there might even be a UFO sighting... Sorry I don't really have completed item pictures, but it's a process over here building this stuff and the wiring comes last. :)

Of COURSE a little something spacey...

and something HOT! (it is Caliente after all!)

And some more traditional stuff... Cant wait to see you all!

Lookin good

T

The amazing colossal Nelson's did it again.

T

Tiki Ray, looks awesome!

T

Aloha!

Here's some of the stuff I've completed and that will be for sale at Tiki Caliente 5. Each piece is handmade using fabric designed by Eric October. They honor 2 historic tiki palaces: The Stockton Islander and the Bahooka.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in Palm Springs!

Tikival

http://tikivalscloset.com

My wife doesn't want me to wear dresses, Val
but those are nice, nice dresses.

So...I just got home from ditching Mister Nelson for the weekend and all I an say is...OH MY GOD... He worked like a machine while I was gone...You all know that the early bird gets the worm over at our booth. I'm telling you now, there WILL be a couple of our tikinaut lamps in new styles, plus many amazing traditional lamps. We'll be there bright eyed and bushy tailed friday morning!

L

On 2013-05-07 08:27, nelsonstikihut wrote:
So...I just got home from ditching Mister Nelson for the weekend and all I an say is...OH MY GOD... He worked like a machine while I was gone...You all know that the early bird gets the worm over at our booth. I'm telling you now, there WILL be a couple of our tikinaut lamps in new styles, plus many amazing traditional lamps. We'll be there bright eyed and bushy tailed friday morning!

Friday morning? I thought market vending was Saturday...:)

Vendors can set up on Friday morning if they wish. Saturday and Sunday are open to the general Public.

W

On 2013-05-07 09:21, Loki-Tiki wrote:

On 2013-05-07 08:27, nelsonstikihut wrote:

Friday morning? I thought market vending was Saturday...:)

Public vending starts Saturday. Sorry for any confusion. We usually have people stalking us between the car and the vending room ready to buy.

T

FOR TIKI CALIENTE ATTENDEES ONLY .....
Im pre selling the official TC5 pendants but to attendees only . These are for pick up at the event. First come , first on the list . There are only 60 so jump on it quick . $20 each or 2 for $35 . Send money through paypal to [email protected] . They are gonna go quick . Mahalos

Make sure you get your Caliente Wear

Wear the Caliente Colors of Brown and Orange.

Let that Tiki Freak Flag Fly.

W

I like orange....and Puppies!

I just finished one of the Taboo coconut tikis that are based on John Mulders mug from last year. I'm trying to decide how many to bring with me and how you like them. Stained, natural?
If interested the stained ones are $150.00, natural $125.00.
Shoot me an e-mail at [email protected]
See you soon-

Exclusive Release Update:

On May 17th we will be releasing the following limited items.
People can start a line at 3:00

Time: 3:30P.M. sales will start
Place: Tiki Caliente Vending Patio

First Up: Crazy Al's Limited to 20 Special Caliente Glaze Mug's $65

Next: John Mulder Limited Tiki Caliente 5 Bowls Limited to less then 15 ($145) There is no master mold,each piece is created and placed together by hand before firing.

And Last: The V.I.P. Party Pack. We have 30 set's(2 10x8 in) Signed Doug Horne Prints called Primitive and Modern showing the 2 sides of tiki.You will also get access to an exclusive V.I.P. gathering for 2 people. $45 (In the Mix we will have 3 variant set's)

primitive

Modern

and after you get your limited swag please make sure to check out the other vendors and get what you want before it's gone.

W

PP

w0w crazy crazy stuff!! too cool!!!!
never get bored with this stuff or this forum!!!!!

Nice work everyone, I'll see ya Friday!

I'm also vending, so I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Michael, please stop by and say hello.

Below, are my ceramics I'll have in tow. They're all handmade (except for the one "Boboai" casting) and fired at cone 10, for one of a kind, durable wares.

I'll also have vintage Aloha shirts and dresses, and some non-vintage XXL+ Aloha shirts. I'll have a $10-20 rack that will have some great XXL Reyn Spooners and small vintage Aloha shirts for the kids. The other rack will start at $25+ and be all vintage, medium to a small handful of XL.

I might have one or two more tiki mugs out of the kiln.

Coconut mugs with one in turquoise for a little mid-century flavor

Primitive Bowls (Hawaiian petroglyph, tapa pattern, and WITCO inspired "Firedancer."

Primitive Hawaiian tapa bowls

Some spiral tumbler mugs great for small cocktails, coffee, or swizzle stick holders.

I look forward to seeing everyone. Please send me a message if you see something you're interested in and stop back by the thread. I'm organizing the Aloha gear and will post pics soon.

Aloha

Aloha everyone!

I'm really looking forward to Tiki Caliente 5.

For me it's more than just selling my art. I've met some amazing people in the Tiki scene and I always look forward to
seeing old friends and making new ones. It all starts Thursday!

I'll have a booth again this year so stop by and say hi.

Below is some of what I will be offering for sale.

See ya all soon, Mahalo!

Original art
"Deep Sea Haul"

Original art
"Tiki Caliente 5 Tiki mug concept drawing"

Limited edition event poster.
Limited to only 50 prints.

Tiki prints!

Monkey prints!

Monster prints!

See ya soon!

In addition to the ceramics above, here's the Aloha gear I'll be bringing.

The men's shirts on this rack are $5-20. They include XXL Reyn Spooners, Tommy Bahama, RJC, & Hilo Hattie, small vintage Aloha shirts, and a few more vintage Aloha shirts with condition issues. The dresses range from $25-35 and are all vintage except for 1 or 2.

These are the XL+ sizes.

And a few shots of the dresses.

This rack is all vintage 40's-70's and starts at $25. The average price is probably $35-40 and there's a handful of 40's/50's rayon in the $50-200 range.

XL's

Larges

Mediums

Thanks for stopping by! I look forward to catching up with old friends and making lots of new ones. See you Friday!

T

Aloha everybody!

I've got some new pieces ready for Caliente... some Kon Tiki black paper drawings, some Spirit Hook/Spirit Figure inspired ceramics, plus Quiet Village Podcast glasses and shirts (featuring my artwork!)

Also, the original artwork that I created for use in the tiki birthday wrapping paper that's available now on spoonflower.com!

There's a couple pieces that won't be ready until tomorrow... I'll post if I can!

See everybody in the desert!

T

Also available at Caliente... a small number of handmade items by Tiki Val, using some of my tiki patterns!

Here's a purse and a shirt with the Stockton Islander pattern I created.

The Store is now open at:

http://tiki-caliente.com/info/?cat=12

Pages: 1 43 replies