Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

Maui - April 2013

Pages: 1 4 replies

Here are the Tiki souvenirs that I brought back from Maui...

Rob (MauiTiki) & Scott (Beachbumz) were very gracious hosts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had to bring some of their friends home...

The pint glass is from Cheeseburger Island Style... The beer was good, I chose one from a local Maui brewing company, but the mixed drinks were okay and the food was eh. I was very disappointed with their signature burger.

The short mai tai glass is from Mama's Fish House... Wow... Wow... Wow... I can't say enough great things about every aspect of this place. The drinks, service, atmosphere and FOOD, FOOD, FOOD was EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish we went twice, but it was on the other side of the Island and we went there towards the end of our trip.

The blue tiki mug is from Moose McGillycuddy's. We went there just for a mai tai, so we could get this glass. They were out of the brown version. The mai tai was eh, but what do you expect from Moose's.

The Hurricane glass is from Lahaina Mai Tai Lounge. Unfortunately, they were bought out by a new company and re-opened under a new name (I don't remember what the new restaurant is called). No where on the internet does it say that Lahaina Mai Tai Lounge is closed. All of the websites say that it's still open. I wouldn't bother going to this new place as they changed everything. The upstairs bar is pretty neat, they kept all of the tiki stuff (unfortunately, I didn't get a photo of it. Bad me, bad me.). We were really looking forward to having a mai tai from this place as we heard that it was great (from the old place). Their mai tai was horrible... It had to be the 2nd worst mai tai that we ever had. It was blended to boot... But... They were still selling the Lahaina Mai Tai glassware, so we had to at least try it and get a souvenir...

The bottle opener and mini tiki are just from a mall souvenir shop.

I'll post more photos of Maui tiki's soon, as they are on my other computer...

H

Nice haul! I especially love the guy in the top-middle with his own coconut mug! Where's he from?

Glad you got to Mama's. That place is magic, isn't it? It's our favorite restaurant in the world.

Sorry to hear the Mai Tai Lounge has changed hands. It's a fantastic view, especially at sunset, although Kimo's right next door has solid food and drinks and the same gorgeous view.

KS

I really have to get the tiki photos posted...

Hibiscus - the mug holding the coconut drink is from Beachbumz... He has a shop in Lahaina. He has standard versions, but he also makes customs. I gave him my idea of him holding a coconut drink, because thats how i always envision myself when i daydream... He did a GREAT job of making it happen.

Yes, Mama's is a can't miss stop... Uh oh... I'm day dreaming again...

T

I loved Maui when I visited a couple years ago. We just got back from a trip to the Big Island, but Maui is still my favorite. For anyone who is planning a trip to Hawaii, be sure to hit any ABC Store and you'll see more tikis than you can shake a swizzle stick at.

Two of our favorite artists. We need to visit them. Great stuff, Wendy

Pages: 1 4 replies