Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki the Hut Grand Opening - Thanks for making it a great night!

Pages: 1 30 replies

I am having a Grand Opening for my home tiki bar, Tiki the Hut. We are hosting this on Saturday, May 11th at 4 PM until we finish. You are invited and I hope that you can make it! Please PM me for the address. We are located in San Diego California.

We will have -

Lots of drinks
Kalua Pork with rice Hawaiian rolls & Macaroni salad as well as other dishes
Party favors
and fun!

Check out my thread if you would like to see how it is looking...
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=43736&forum=20&55

My bar is small but we have lots of room, and a nice backyard to enjoy the San Diego weather! My wife and I are used to hosting for lots of people, so it is sure to be a good time!

I hope to see some of my friends here that I have met as well as people that I haven't met!

[ Edited by: lunavideogames 2013-05-13 18:31 ]

Oh yeah and I will supply all of the food and drinks, so just show up with a hungry stomach and be ready for a few drinks! We are not asking for you to bring anything.

V

GREAT name for your bar! Wish I could make it to the grand unveiling!

That is super nice of you! How I wished I lived closer so I could celebrate the opening of your bar with you!!!

I hope we can make it... I'm going to PM you now...

We need inspiration for our outside tiki bar and your bar is very inspiring!

Thank you all for your kind words!

I hope to meet a bunch of San Diego TCers, please come by if you can!

Really sounds like your doing it up right!
I like yer style boy!

Wish I could be there
Rain check?

Jon

Would dig on checking this out. Hopefully see you there.

HT

You should post your menu here so people can see it!

Lorilovestikis and Vantiki and Hang10tiki, if you find yourself in San Diego, please let me know. It would be great to drink a Mai Tai with you! I will see about having some friends over the Wednesday before Tiki Oasis, if there are some earlybirds in town.

Thanks ATP & Hale Tiki! I am glad to see people supporting the bar I have been working on for 2 years. My friends and I have been enjoying it even while it has been under construction.

Derek Mitchell, I hope that you can make it, I PMed you the address. Hope to see you KiwiSteve as well. Anyone else out there in "America's Finest City" want to join the festivities? Just let me know!

Here is our drink menu. The full menu will be available. I have also been practicing my Kalua Pork recipe, and they have been turning out great!

PS: I just put prices on the drinks for fun. We do not actually charge for them, everything is on me for the grand opening!

[ Edited by: lunavideogames 2013-04-30 14:59 ]

C

Sounds so awesome!!

KS

I'll be there! I can't wait!!! Thank You!!!!!!

M

best of luck. congrats

Thanks guys! I am getting ready. Making mixers and trying to do some last minute adjustments. Looks like I have 49 bottles of rum. Think that will be enough? :)

Also I wanted to convey how much respect I have for anyone who has a home bar or works in a tiki establishment. It is a lot of work. I have been making my friends drinks for awhile now and there is a lot to deal with. You have to really love it and be very committed.

Looking good - and I love the name! If you have room for a couple more next week, my husband & I would like to try to stop by. I'll PM for details, thanks for generously inviting everyone!

Thanks, can't wait to meet everyone.

I think my Kalua Pork recipe is a good one!

I have been making it a lot just so I know it will turn out well.

This Saturday!

My friends brought over a lot of rums, so if you would like to sample a particular rum and the opening you will be able to. My selection is better than most bars. I even received an original label Three Sheets Ballast Point rum! Very unique and I guess my friend Matt distilled that batch! :)

This is great! We hope to meet some new new tikiphile friends at this gathering.

I will PM you for address.

Mucho Mahalo,
Tiki Slinger

I'm late on the bandwagon, but I'll be down in San Diego celebrating my birthday (yesterday, but i think I can make the celebration last all weekend...). I'll PM you and see if it's too late to stop by!

Yes, come on by. It will be great to meet new people. I am just picking up the food and drinks that we will need. I will be making food and juicing fruit all morning so we should have a great time. And it seems like it will be a good turnout. It will be cool to get some SD tiki ohana together! See you tomorrow!

Sent you a PM this morning. Not sure if I was too late. Late change in plans opens the possibility to Tiki with you. :)

If not, hopefully I will meet some of you someplace soon. It's good to know that tiki is happening somewhere around here even if I don't make it on board this time.

Hopefully someday we will be able to visit your cool space. Wendy and Dan

THANK YOU FOR THE FANTASTIC DRINKS, FOOD, COMPANY, HOSPITALITY, EVERYTHING!!!!!!! Your tiki room is fantastic and it was great meeting everyone!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P

Thanks for a wonderful evening! Glad to get to meet so many friendly Tiki-folk. Everything was first class. Y'all do it up proper!

• Anders

Thanks everyone for coming! I think it was a success. We went through lots of food and some rum.

Kiwi Steve brought me a cool tiki diablo mug which is awesome!

Bamalamalu great to meet you and thanks for the rum.

Arriano thanks for the fruit. I am excited to check out your bar sometime :)

BaconSM thanks for driving down and for the dram. It was great that you made it!

It was great to meet everyone else as well. We have to get SD tiki people together more often. I am sorry that I was busy and didn't have a lot of time to chat, so we will have to get together again soon. I hope everyone had a good time.

Also - Wendy and Dan are always welcome to stop by. No reservations required. We would love to have you over anytime.

Thanks so much for having us! That was a really fun evening. We're not the most social people in the world, and it was great meeting so many super friendly people. Delicious drinks and food, and great company; just sorry that we didn't quite get to meet everyone. I also thought the bar looked even better in person than in the pictures - our garage is starting to get a complex.

Cheers!!

Had a great time. Food was good and the drinks were strong. Great time hanging out and meeting new friends, and seeing old ones.

Thanks again, I know I speak for Miss Hell too.

A

Treg - Excellent party! Thanks for having us. We had a really great time.

pics? Glad to see that someone in SD is still opening their doors for tiki parties :)

Sadly I was too busy tending bar to take any pictures. Hopefully someone else will come forward with some.

Photos I want to see photos, Wendy

Pages: 1 30 replies