Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Jag Project.

Pages: 1 9 replies

Hey guys! I believe this is my first post. I may know some of you from SG101, OSG, Mosrite.. I've got a project that may interest some of you. I have one screwed up guitar that I'm trying to help. I want to start playing in an instro horror surf group, and the tele doesn't cut it aesthetically. I have a '65 jag that needs new everything. :D

Ugh.

Here it is now...

Like this maybe?

Hello to all, I love tiki, ooh ah ooh and all.. :D

KD

Hard to beat Fiesta Red! Of course there's always the Tiki-appropriate Surf Green...

HT

My vote is to go nuts with it. Don't restrict yourself to a single color paint job. If you want to sell it eventually, then yes, stick with a single color, but if you want it to be truly tiki, then tikify the hell out of it! Custom knobs, a custom paint job, go nuts!

T

Glad you are saving this poor thing. That "Before" picture made me wince.

I'm all for custom tiki paint job! I found these knobs in an old TC thread: http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=34154&forum=12

A Tele isn't making it, though? How about this?

[ Edited by: Tele295 2013-05-09 13:15 ]

[ Edited by: Tele295 2013-05-09 13:20 ]

I love that tele, Galuszka is so awesome. Mine is good, but for instro horror it looks and sounds too country. Besides, who wouldn't want an offset?

On 2013-05-09 06:54, Hale Tiki wrote:
My vote is to go nuts with it. Don't restrict yourself to a single color paint job. If you want to sell it eventually, then yes, stick with a single color, but if you want it to be truly tiki, then tikify the hell out of it! Custom knobs, a custom paint job, go nuts!

Interesting ideas. This isn't really a tiki themed project, although I have one coming(hopefully)... I hope that I bond with this enough to not sell it, but I think I'll keep the finish solid this time.

HT

Then my vote is for metal flake so thick it could choke a horse.

Check out the old Mosrite stuff, or Domino. Or even Danelectro's metalflake beast.

On 2013-05-11 06:48, Hale Tiki wrote:
Then my vote is for metal flake so thick it could choke a horse.

Check out the old Mosrite stuff, or Domino. Or even Danelectro's metalflake beast.

Like a wronski jag..

But I can't do flake and can't afford it either.

$200. I'm happy. Ecstatic, actually.

Pages: 1 9 replies