Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

VINTAGE GIRL: Was that you on the stage?

Pages: 1 3 replies

Was that you on the stage at the Los Angeles Conservancy's Last Remaining Seats program at the Orpheum?

If so, you looked stunning and thank you for all of the work you (and the other LAC staff) must have put in.

Otherwise, it must have been your twin separated at birth?

In fact that was me. I've been attending the Last Remaining Seats film series since 1989 and have been on the Historic Theaters Committee for about 5 or 6 years. I fell in love with those old movie palaces from the first time I attended and have been urging everyone I know to go and see the few remaining ones in the Downtown Historic Theater District.

I think that night went particularly well since I was approached afterward by Mrs. Gene Kelly who had also seen me on stage and paid me a great compliment for which I am very honored....and to think I wasn't even performing that night!

[ Edited by: vintagegirl on 2003-07-05 11:43 ]

Another season, more beauty.
No wonder you were the first model on display!

Wow, this post totally escaped me. Yes, that was me again modeling that Edith Head gown worn by Jane Wyman in the 50s.

That's me, 4th from the left.

A closer look at the dress.

In previous years, I also got to wear costumes worn by Ann Miller and Sonja Henie.

Here's the Ann Miller dance costume.

If anyone loves classic films with a bit of live stage entertainment in some of the most opulent movie palaces, go see next year's Last Remaining Seats:
http://www.downtownnews.com/articles/2007/05/21/entertainment/entertainment02.txt

Pages: 1 3 replies