Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Ye Old Fashioned Traplight

Pages: 1 11 replies

Here's the first Kahuna project since Hukilau...as seen in The Mai Kai and Trader Vic's Atlanta only made yesterday by me. I'm starting the stuff for the Hale Tiki (Brad The Beachcomber's soon-to-open spot)

[ Edited by: Basement Kahuna on 2003-07-06 00:31 ]

very nice!, after you finish this order, would there be any plans to produce a small(12-14") version?

KK

Basement, those are great! You probably grew and cured the bamboo as well, knowing you. Did Brad score the space yet?

T

I hear he forged the chain himself! Each link custom engraved with Maori tattoo patterns! :) BK, great work... you continue to amaze us all!

Awww, you guys....

On 2003-07-07 14:37, Kava King wrote:
Did Brad score the space yet?

The building is in the works. Hope to have something finalized soon. We are between a couple of different spots right now.

Hope to see you guys at TV Saturday night.

Julee

*Thanks Dave, you are a find craftsman. It will be awesome to display some of your greatest work in "Hale Tiki".

Dammit, quit being so creative! Could you post pictures of something you did that didn't turn out fantastic? Wait, no don't, I'll just get depressed that I still can't make something as nice as that...

S
SES posted on Mon, Oct 6, 2003 4:05 PM

On 2003-10-06 15:26, freddiefreelance wrote:
Dammit, quit being so creative! Could you post pictures of something you did that didn't turn out fantastic? Wait, no don't, I'll just get depressed that I still can't make something as nice as that...

I think he's got a troupe of tiki elves chained in his basement that crank out all this stuff!

[ Edited by: susane on 2004-01-20 07:04 ]

Nope, no elves (but that is flattering!)...just a lot of old fashioned tongue-in-cheek! Thanks for the comps, though!

This thread is an oldie but a creative goody.

If I were to purchase one of these, what else would I call it besides a trap? Would this be considered a fish trap? If not, what kind of trap is it?

I have some abandoned bamboo and think a few lamps would be an ideal project eventually. Any thoughts are welcome. Mahalo for your patience with a rusty creating newbie.

Cool lamp- nice revival I Dream Of Tiki!!

Since no one responded yet, I'll throw some associated words/names out-

Fish, Crab, Lobster Trap

could also be used as a "live bait well" which may have a fancier Hawaiian name...

Dust off the rust and make something!! ...or I'd be more than happy to take that dusty bamboo! :)

On 2005-07-22 18:15, I dream of tiki wrote:

If I were to purchase one of these, what else would I call it besides a trap? Would this be considered a fish trap? If not, what kind of trap is it?

A RAT Trap!!??

Ya nevva know.............

Pages: 1 11 replies