Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Hukilau 2003 CD

Pages: 1 12 replies

For the people who received the "free" Hukilau 2003 CD what did you think? Please give me some feedback.

what was the hukilau 2003 cd? i missed that...

I was having a ball with that IGA pineapple party commercial! I thought the whole CD was great. I just wish I had listened BEFORE Hukilau as I damn near cried listening to it because I missed being there so much. I've started a tunnel from the Kon Tiki Paradise Room straight to Fort Lauderdale!

On 2003-07-06 16:06, modchick65 wrote:
what was the hukilau 2003 cd? i missed that...

The Hukilau 2003 CD was a CD compilation of the Hukilau song done by various artists. It also included a few extra items such as the the IGA Giant Pineapple Party by a friend of mine Mark Gunderson of the Evolution Control Committee as well as instructions on how to plan a Polynesian dinner party at home. There was also actual instructions on how to dance the Hukilau and inside the booklet were pictures to go along with the verbal instructions. A fun project that I decided to pass along free just to be in the tiki spirit.

Jeff,

We loved it and thank you for putting it together for Hukilau!

It was a pleasure spending time with you and your wife.

On 2003-07-07 08:52, tiki_kiliki wrote:
Jeff,

We loved it and thank you for putting it together for Hukilau!

It was a pleasure spending time with you and your wife.

You are very welcome. It was nice meeting you and Swanky as well. Maybe we will have time to drop by and say hello on our way to the Smoky's in September. I will let you know. The Hukilau 2003 was one of the most organized and fun events I have ever been too. Keep up the good work and count us in for next year!

On 2003-07-06 18:58, Basement Kahuna wrote:
I was having a ball with that IGA pineapple party commercial! I thought the whole CD was great. I just wish I had listened BEFORE Hukilau as I damn near cried listening to it because I missed being there so much. I've started a tunnel from the Kon Tiki Paradise Room straight to Fort Lauderdale!

Thanks for the nice compliment Basement Kahuna. That surely helps alot! Good luck on the tunnel. Ha!

M

"The Hukilau 2003 CD was a CD compilation of the Hukilau song done by
various artists. It also included a few extra items such as the the IGA
Giant Pineapple Party by a friend of mine Mark Gunderson of the
Evolution Control Committee as well as instructions on how to plan a
Polynesian dinner party at home. There was also actual instructions on how to
dance the Hukilau and inside the booklet were pictures to go along with
the verbal instructions. A fun project that I decided to pass along
free just to be in the tiki spirit. "

--I never had a chance to meet Jeff C to get ahold of a copy for myself---it would make a great 40th B'day (today) present for myself, Jeff. I 'll happily pay postage if you have any left--bruce Thanks

Hey MrSmiley,

I did actually run into you inside the gift shop at the Mai Kai. Otto and I were so busy buying those old Mai Kai calendars that I completely forgot about giving you a copy of the CD. My apologies. Send me your snail mail address off list and I will make sure you get a one.

Mahalo,
Jeff

R
Rain posted on Wed, Jul 9, 2003 7:50 PM

hey jeff -
that cd rocks.
i had to let d take it home with her first, but it's now in the mail on its way up here to RI along with i belli di waikiki's cd.

gotta bring the tiki spirit with me and keep the hukilau spirit alive until 2004, and music is just the way to do it. well, music and rum. :wink:

Hi Rain,

Thanks for the nice compliment. Tell Deb if she wants one for herself email me off list. I have a few extras.

Jeff

Sorry all gone!!

M

I had a drunk relative over last week and I was playing the Hukilau Cd (thanks again, Jeff) and she knew the lyrics except for the part about teh "ama ama swimming by"--she sang "the heebie jeebies swimming by" instead.

Pages: 1 12 replies