Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Hoity Toity Moving Party -- UPDATE!!!

Pages: 1 17 replies

Hey alright, you clicked to check out the thread!

As some of you already know, I've been looking for a house for quite some time now. Well, the gods have smiled upon me and I've finally found it - as such, I've sold my little 2 bedroom condo. I'm hoping I can appeal to the TC Ohana to help me move all my junk - tiki mugs, carvings, artwork and the like.

Here's the scoop:

Saturday, July 19th - I will be moving out of my condo and into my new abode. I'd like to get an early start (9-ish) so that maybe we can all go out for a Mai Tai afterwards.

It's a pretty straight forward move. All the stuff is packed and the furniture is already disassembled. I'm renting the largest truck they've got to minimize the number of trips. If my calculations are correct, I should be able to make it in only 1 trip - 5 miles away.

I humbly ask those who are available to help to stop by my place on Saturday, July 19th at 9am to give me a hand (please :)). I'll have coffee and donuts waiting and I'm also springing for lunch!

My Address:
XXXXX

Directions from LA County:
XXXXX

Directions from Orange County:
XXXXX

YOU'RE HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

**Poly-Pop ***

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop on 2003-07-10 18:48 ]

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop on 2003-12-10 17:55 ]

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop on 2003-12-10 17:56 ]

I think Saturday sounds very doable. 9 am on a saturday might be hard though what with my impending hang over, but maybe an early swig or two to set me right and I will be good to go. I don't know if I can make it on Friday though, working in Burbank right now, but Saturday sounds like a plan.

Pops,

I can't help ya Saturday the 19th (I'll be in SD on busines) but I can give you a hand on the 1st.

I hope you're moving somewhere near the beach so it's cool (or at least don't mind vomit on your belongings)

yup!

F

okie dokie.

Thanks guys! I really do need the help. The more the merrier. It should make everything a lot easier too.

**Poly-Pop ***

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop on 2003-07-08 08:52 ]

A

I'm in.
Mahalo,
Al

T

Bong got drafted to help. I'm glad Pop's providing all the booze we can drink though.

(This is weird, I'm at the central library in HB and feel a bit guilty doing this here (not that))

S

Hey Pop,

Congratulations!

T and I will be in New York on July 19, but we just wanted to send our very best wishes to you and your family in your new home.

UPDATE!

Well, the Tiki Gods continue to smile upon me and my family. I just spoke with my agent and confirmed that I will no longer have to wait until then end of July for escrow to close! As such, I will be moving all my things from my condo in Chino Hills straight to my new home on Saturday, July 19th.

THANKS SO MUCH TO THOSE WHO HAVE VOLUNTEERED!

Still, we could use all the help we can get! If you can, stop on by on Saturday, July 19th at 9am. Again, lunch is on me!

Meet me at the Condo:
XXXXX

Directions from LA County:
XXXXX

Directions from Orange County:
XXXXX

If you get lost, call my cell phone: XXXXX

Can't Wait!

**Poly-Pop ***

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop on 2003-07-10 18:47 ]

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop on 2003-12-10 17:57 ]

I helped a friend move with my dolly about 3 weeks ago and sure I can help again. The dolly really came in handy so I'll bring it just in case you want to use it. See you Saturday!

• "I work for Mai-tais"

BUMP!

Saturday draws near. Thanks to all those who have confirmed their assistance with me! See you all on Saturday...

******** LEGAL NOTIFICAION ********

It's important to remember that all injuries such as breaks, sprains, emotional duress, loss of consortium etc, incurred helping Pop move will be covered under his new homeowner's insurance.

poly,
sorry we'll miss the moving party - but just wanted to wish you the heartiest of congratulations on your purchase!!!

Thanks everyone for the congrats! I finally got to walk into my new home for the first time last night - I'm really excited about finally having it. Got big plans for the future Tropical Backyard and future Polynesian Room which I will be christening, "The Enchanted Huki-Lounge."

Unfortunately, since I'm just now getting all my services and utilities in place, I'm not going to have Internet or Email access until the end of next week beginning tomorrow. No TC for one week - that's going to be hell!

SCD, Bong, Al, Tina, etc.. you're all going to have to keep me in the loop!

See you all tomorrow!

On 2003-07-18 11:10, PolynesianPop wrote:
I'm not going to have Internet or Email access until the end of next week beginning tomorrow. No TC for one week - that's going to be hell!

BS Poly Pop, you know you private sector lackeys are always on the web at work, unlike us goberment stooges.

CONGRATULATIONS, POP!

Well, I'm finally back at work after being on vacation all last week. I've yet to have an Internet connection hooked up in the new house so I've been off TC for the last 10 days. Looks like I'll be spending the next couple of hours getting caught up with all the posts!

I just wanted to give "thanks" where thanks is due. To Al, Bong, SugarCaddyDaddy, Floratina, Hanalei Pirate and Suicide Sam -- thanks so much for helping me. As you all saw, I would have been up sh*t creek without you!

Now the fun part of sorting, stashing and unpacking begins. I'll be starting construction on "Poly Pop's Enchanted Huki-lounge" in the near future - stay tuned for photos...

**Poly-Pop ***

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop on 2003-07-28 12:00 ]

Pages: 1 17 replies