Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Tiki & Ancient Aliens

Pages: 1 2 replies

There are a few scattered references around TC which allude to ancient astronaut theory, and much of what Von Daniken wrote during the 1960’s has been proven to be bilge. Nonetheless, speaking as a fairly objective inquisitor into the subject, I find a lot of unanswered questions in the body of literature relating to the whole “are we alone?” question.

Whether you adhere to the standard academic version of early Earth cultures, or take the more adventurous Heyerdahl/Ancient Aliens path, there is ample evidence that our earliest ancestors were in semi-regular contact with what they at least thought were visitors from beyond. All doubters are referred to consider the remnants of Puma Punku…

All of which is to say that many of the origin “myths” and relics associated with Tiki culture form a direct tie with us Sophisticated Savages and these mysterious early collaborators from beyond.

Where do you fall on this subject? Enthusiast? Agnostic? Who cares?

Is our species one vast cargo cult?

[ Edited by: White Devil 2013-05-28 13:09 ]

I say very possible.
Why not?
Some of those tiki look to be Alien to me.

It's more believable than some guy sitting up in the sky.

Jeff. Btd

A contemporary interpreter of Von Daniken's ideas was comic book artist Jack Kirby, who wove tales of technological "gods" into his stories and art for Marvel & DC in titles like The Fantastic Four, The New Gods and The Eternals.

I believe it's no coincidence that many from his techno-pantheon look like mechanized Hopi figures, which themselves could easily be early interpretations of such entities.

While purists may scoff at the idea of Central & South American figures as being at all tiki-related, they nevertheless make for fascinating conjecture (and cool mugs!)...

It would be interesting to see some of our venerable mug-makers generate some Kachina designs.

Pages: 1 2 replies