Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Aloha

Pages: 1 9 replies

Hello,
Just would like to introduce myself to the group. I am back collecting Tiki's after a few years away. I had sold my collection after my wife passed away, I just lost my passion for lots of things, not just Tiki.

Fast forward a few years, I met and married again five years ago. In that time I have seen my step-daughter married, got one son off to college, another son will be entering his senior year of High School, and my darling daughter is starting 7th grade. Things have settled done and I found my desire to renew collecting Tiki's fire back up.

My collection is modest, I only kept one Tiki from before and have begun the rebuild. I look forward to spending time here and scouring the internet for the next "must have".

Thanks,
Todd

On 2013-05-29 06:08, monster_tiki wrote:

My collection is modest, I only kept one Tiki from before and have begun the rebuild. I look forward to spending time here and scouring the internet for the next "must have".

Welcome Todd!
This line is very intriguing! I would love to see a pic of the one you chose to keep, and hear why it was the one.

Well he's not the most impressive Tiki, it's my Westwood W-1. I've kept him all these years mostly because I love to drink beer from him (I know a Tiki is meant for exotic shores and forbidden drinks), he has always been my goto mug.

I guess that's not a real romantic story, however, that Tiki really is brings memories along with him.

I'd post a pic, however, I can't figure out how.

welcome Todd, I too am getting back into it so your not alone, there are a lot of great folks here with alot of great stuff and are always helpful in directing you where you can find great stuff too!!
again welcome
paul

On 2013-05-29 09:50, monster_tiki wrote:
Well he's not the most impressive Tiki, it's my Westwood W-1.

I'd post a pic, however, I can't figure out how.

You're right, that mug probably feels very solid in your hand when filled with beer.

Here's a pic from the collection of eab21 on Ooga-Mooga:

Here's a pic of my trusty Tiki (for whatever reason I couldn't get this to work at work).

On 2013-05-29 10:23, Pele Paul wrote:
welcome Todd, I too am getting back into it so your not alone, there are a lot of great folks here with alot of great stuff and are always helpful in directing you where you can find great stuff too!!
again welcome
paul

It's pretty fun deciding my "want" and "wish" lists. There are a ton of modern Tiki's from the past few years that I really dig, and rebuilding my vintage stuff will be a blast!!

Welcome back Todd!

I keep hearing Tikis, but are you referring to Tiki Mugs?

On 2013-05-29 19:52, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
I keep hearing Tikis, but are you referring to Tiki Mugs?

Quite right, I probably need to be more specific as the wonderful world of Tiki collecting encompasses a very broad spectrum.

I am currently focused on the mugs, however, there is some great art prints that I keep dwelling on.

Pages: 1 9 replies