Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Pete Wimberly - Architect

Pages: 1 5 replies

Hi all. New to the forums, but love all the interaction.

I've just started a website for the late, great Pete Wimberly. It's still very much a work in progress, but I've definitely uncovered some projects that he's worked on that aren't extremely well known. Anyways, appreciate you taking a look and the site will grow and expand greatly in the coming weeks and months. I welcome your feedback, contributions, pics I can use (with your permission), etc.

http://www.tikiarchitect.com
Celebrating the works of legendary Hawaiian based architect George J. "Pete" Wimberly
Best
Greg

[ Edited by: tikiarchitect 2013-06-06 13:14 ]

[ Edited by: tikiarchitect 2013-06-06 16:54 ]

Welcome to TC Greg, maybe you can introduce yourself over on the "New to TC" thread here:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=6&forum=1&start=3690&3701

You do know that there is no such thing as "Tiki Architecture"
I am sure you are referring to the Polynesian influence on Mid-Century Modern Architecture
which you can find past discussions on by using the search button on Tiki Central (upper left screen)

I looked at your website & I am impressed by the great Mid-Century style (A little Googie also)
of George J. Wimberly, maybe you can add "Architect" to your post title so people can have a better idea of the topic.
While this is not really a "Tiki" topic many of us here are Mid-Century Modern enthusiasts and appreciate the subject
as it is synonymous with the classic era of Tiki, I look forward to more updates on your site.

Nice idea for the website. There is a ton of information on Pete Wimberly here on Tiki Central, starting here:

Waikikian

DC

Thanks for your feedback.

Yeah, understand that Tiki isn't a form of architecture, but was looking for a fun and catchy name for the site. Of course, Pete's early Polynesian style and his partnership with Edward Brownlee sure did a lot for that style and movement.

That being said, I'm open to ideas for the name of the site, please help!

thanks
Greg

How about "Tropical Modern" or Mid-Century Island Style" ?

I those ideas. thanks!

Pages: 1 5 replies