Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Hiphipahula Bartends La Descarga June 18 TIKI TUESDAY

Pages: 1 36 replies

Los Angeles' Premiere Rum Bar La Descarga Presents,
TIKI TUESDAY with Guest Bartender, Mixologist, Kelly Hiphipahula Reilly.

Kelly will be creating her Original Exotic Rum Cocktails beginning at 8:00pm Tuesday June 18.
La Descarga is a Rum and Cuban-themed speakeasy bar in L.A. and is one of the most beautiful settings to enjoy a cocktail. Join Kelly for the best in exotic cocktails, tiki culture and live music. There’s even a cigar patio for those inclined!
La Descarga June 18, 2013 at 8:00pm Come on by, have a cocktail and say Aloha!

1159 North Western Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90039
(323) 466-1324
You're best Tiki attire is encouraged but please, no flip flops or shorts.

T

The place has a dress code:

Upscale attire only.

Gentlemen - Please wear collared, button down dress shirts. Collared button down dress shirts must be tucked in. Jeans or slacks are fine. Sports coats are highly encouraged. Hoodies, T-Shirts, beanies, baseball caps, sneakers, athletic wear, shorts or flip-flops will not be allowed inside the club at any time. no loose or baggy fitting clothing. T-Shirts worn under jackets will not be allowed.

Ladies - Cocktail dresses and heels are encouraged. Dark pants and an upscale blouse is accepted. T-Shirts, hooded or crew-neck sweaters, sandals, and flip flops will not be allowed.

[ Edited by: Tiki-ESP 2013-06-06 17:53 ]

SUIT UP!

My understanding is you may wear tiki attire for the evening but please no flip-flops, athletic shoes, shorts. Slacks and dresses would be more appropriate indeed. Yes, dress your finest.
Gosh ATP I thought you said shut up. :)

T
TNT posted on Thu, Jun 6, 2013 8:56 PM

Schedules permitting, we will be there.

Only my best Sunday dress for you, Kelly!

I can't wait for this; it should be a fun night!

I'm looking forward to enjoying Hiphipahula cocktails in the beautiful setting of La Descarga.

If people need to grab a bite before/after the event, there's a very casual and rather good option for Mexican food right next door with "Tacos El Patio" (be forewarned, Tacos El Patio is 'cash only').

Tantalizing...

Wish I could be there, what a great venue for your craft, Kelly! :)

Kelly,
Wish I could be there. I'm sure you'll knock their socks off.
Brenda

I'll be missing you Sven & Brenda! See you soon and safe travels to both of you!!

La Descarga L.A.' Most Discrete Rum Bar! Tiki Tuesday This Tuesday June 18 I will be Crafting My Delicious Exotic Cocktails! Stop by and say Aloha!

**Los Angeles' Premiere Rum Bar La Descarga **
1159 North Western Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90039
(323) 466-1324
You're best Tiki attire is encouraged but please, no flip flops or shorts.

http://hiphipahula.com/

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2013-06-16 12:19 ]

EJ

So wish we could be there. You will be awesome. Have fun and a great night.

I will miss you Jeff & Gwen, thanks for keeping me in your thoughts all the way from Texas! Tiki Oasis right? Xo

I can't figure out if I already wished you a good night of cocktail crafting on your FB or not so I thought I would do it here as well :)

Hope you have a great night and the turn out is high for you tomorow, Kelly!

C

It has been confirmed. HB Tiki and I will be there.

Should I bring my fire extinguisher? Is the fire dancer going to be there again??

CA

Hip! Hip! Hula!

SUIT UP!

HT

Do not worry Lance, you can ask them to play your favorite Disco Tune.

I hope you got a Tux, Roger.......

HT

I bet your suit has bellbottom cuffs.

Kelly, We shall be there with Doug & Al in tow
also "Hell" is coming with us, but you knew that already....

On 2013-06-17 20:46, HB TIKI wrote:
I bet your suit has bellbottom cuffs.

Roger, wishing you into the corn field now :)

I feel the love... ok your all too funny my gosh from bell bottoms & disco to fire extinguishers. I am ready!! Let's go!

On 2013-06-17 11:36, SandraDee wrote:
I can't figure out if I already wished you a good night of cocktail crafting on your FB or not so I thought I would do it here as well :)

Hope you have a great night and the turn out is high for you tomorow, Kelly!

Thank You Liz! Hope to see you in L.A. Soon! :)

Kelly, have fun tonight! Wish I could be there. I'll be raising one in your honor tonight wishing it had been mixed by you. Cheers!

Have fun guys! I hope it goes well, I am sure it will. I wish I could be there!

Congratulations Kelly! Your cocktails were a great match for the atmosphere of La Descarga. By my unofficial estimation a fantastic time was had by all of us well-dressed tikiphiles.

Well done. We should all do it again sometime!

kevin

C

Great Job last night Kelly.

Everything was fantastic!!

G
GROG posted on Wed, Jun 19, 2013 10:09 AM

Sorry GROG not make it. Stomach bug kept GROG from leaving cave. Hopefully Hiphipahula do it again.

Thanks! Kelly....you worked your ass off last night & we appreciate it
sublime cocktails & great company all around, Even got to meet a couple of new (to me) folks.

So what's on for tonight? :lol:

Thank you friends for coming out to La Descarga to share Tiki Tuesday with me. It was a wonderful experience being able to share my craft with all of you my friends, old and new. You traveled far, took time from your families and came out on a work night to support friendship and our love for Polynesian-Pop culture/Tiki and Craft Cocktails in which we are bound together. Tiki Night, Tiki Bartender, Tiki People will come! Was that a movie? And YOU did! La Descarga was very pleased and thanks you as well. I will be back! Thank You Most Graciously, Kelly

T
TNT posted on Wed, Jun 19, 2013 2:13 PM

What a wonderful night. Grog, we missed you and hope you are feeling better.
It was nice to be properly introduced to people we've seen through the years.
Congrats Kelly - you brought a beautiful night together. We look forward to the next one.

Pulled a few shots off the phone, Had to go all out in Photoshop
to make them visible, it was very dark at La Descarga.

Doug, Nancy & Al trouble makers all!

Prohibition Al & Doug....

Sure I "look" like a nice guy, but you all know better, Nancy got all the nice for the both of us.

HT

Your picture ATP and Nancy is great, your outfit was in style, but the bell bottom pants really set it off.

CA

I think most of the photos were posted on Facebook but if you have any additional photos could you please post them or send them to me thanks. :) -Kelly Hiphipahula

Pages: 1 36 replies