Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

New Tiki Bar Opening Soon In Ventura

Pages: 1 2 59 replies

This has been in the works for a while and thought I would wait for things to progress before posting

https://www.facebook.com/Ventiki?fref=ts

TikiTony designed their menu.

ecxellent! Thanks for the link, Bongo!

VenTiki....So it's a Venture Brothers themed "Tiki" bar!
I am so there!!!

As a resident on the Los Angeles/Ventura country border, I say:

Just a bit north up on the 101? I like it!

kevin

H

Thank you Ron, we will come up and check it out for sure.

Great news Ron! When is opening day? We should organize a TC meet-n-greet for the grand opening.

DC

HT

So THAT'S who he designed the menu for.
Always happy to see more tiki ventures that incorporate art from great contemporary tiki artists.

Now if only we could get some out here on the east coast...

They keep saying 3 weeks but I know it is getting close.....I know the Vice Squad boys will be there in force opening day

T

I'm in for a TC meet up on opening night!

Can't wait for the opening!! Looking pretty awesome! Any update on the opening date?

I spend weekends on the boat in the area so I'm very excited to have Tiki in Ventura!!

T

The place looks great so far! I'm doing a San Diego surf trip in August, but maybe I'll head up to C Street and Mondo's as well. Good luck!

T

The place looks great so far! I'm doing a San Diego surf trip in August, but maybe I'll head up to C Street and Mondo's as well. Good luck!

Looks great but why leave the Rincon room, Can't be better than that!

With so many tiki bars gone, it is so excellent when another opens.
And this one looks promising.

TIKIWAGON.....we love it here but we are looking forward to something closer than L.A when we do get out. Looks like they will try to open on July 4th, same day as the Ventura Street Fair. That event draws thousands of people so the bar may be crazy even for a Thursday. Nice long weekend for an opening if it comes together. It will be a good place to stop after a surf session......the food on the menu looks good.

T

The 4th will be crazy, with the street fair and all. Should we have a meet up on Saturday July 6?

T

Any word on whether VenTiki will be open tomorrow?

They posted on their FB page they passed final inspection and when I walked by on Tue they were putting up the mural. That and huge stacks of booze in the kitchen are leads me to believe its possible..... My Spys heading to the parade and street fair have yet to reveal any more info but will post as soon as I know......Plus I will be heading down after work to circle around like a fruit fly until they open or tell me to buzz off

Sunday seems to be the day....will keep everyone informed

http://ventikilounge.com/
https://www.facebook.com/Ventiki

Spent the afternoon at VenTiki and evening with the VenTiki folks at VonTiki's Backyard paradise.....official opening day is Friday July 12th.....the menu looks great and the bar is almost ready.....will post more in depth pictures when I get home of the menu they gave me.....here are the tikis VonTiki carved one for inside and one for outside

Great shot! ...and BIG! :)

T

From the gutted out cement shell to a beautiful bamboo, wood carved, thatched, twined, and volcanic rock touched place of worship, I'm very excited to have worked for this place.

Here's the menu that I drew/designed, with Sabu's famous recipe:

And below is a logo I did that will be available on glassware:

There will also be a Tiki tOny ceramic necklace exclusive to Ventiki as well as a mug in the works.

Awesome work Tony.

H

Love the Von Tiki carved tikis. He is one of my favorite carvers on TC. Love the menue design. Must visit, can't wait to see it.

N
Naneki posted on Tue, Jul 9, 2013 7:56 PM

I got to peep in on Sunday. It's beautiful.

N.

PP

is it open yet!!????????

excited to see this. I consulted on some design stuff. Looks like the final product came out very "aloha swank".

looks like opening was pushed back till next week

T

On 2013-07-10 21:21, Dr. Shocker wrote:
looks like opening was pushed back till next week

's OK, man. I'm patient.......

Sooo, do we have a hard date yet? Would like to make the opening.

DC

Vontiki gave me a preview of Ventiki yesterday and I think we are in for a treat. A nice blend of modern and tropical. While it is cozy inside there is also an outdoor patio with a fire pit and water feature. Some of the space is taken up by a nice kitchen and the food on the menu looks great. You can see more photos on their Facebook page. The lamps from Nelson's Tiki Hut look great. They want to do things right so that is why there has been a delay. We look forward to the opening and wish them much success.

Looks very promising!

J

On 2013-07-13 15:34, Dustycajun wrote:
Sooo, do we have a hard date yet? Would like to make the opening.

DC

According to their FB page, a soft opening this Fri, July 19th and the Grand Opening on Mon, July 22nd.

Soft opening is for friends and family and closed for staff training on the weekend so Monday will be the official public opening.

WOW this looks fantastic! Can't wait to check it out (^o^)/

[ Edited by: Quince_at_Dannys 2013-07-16 06:38 ]

So barring unforeseen chaos Monday seems to be the Official Opening like Bongo said.....the Vice Squad has been helping around and have been able to sample some of the food and more importantly the drinks....both are very tasty.....

Very cool Ventiki!

OjaiTimO took someMore Pics.....some preopening and some soft opening with friends and family.....

What are the hours? Open for lunch?

Monday it will be 5/6-11pm.....Starting Tuesday (barring unforeseen issues) they will be open 11am-11pm 7 days a week

Wow! This may qualify as a Tiki mecca.

O

Tonight is the grand opening. Last friday was the soft opening with stellar drinks and great food. Ventura county has a real Tiki palace again almost fifty years to the day that the Trade Winds opened a few miles away. Good luck to Scott Noble and his cousin Stacey Noble in their new Tiki palace. Thanks to Vontiki for his awesome Tiki carvings, Chef Jonny Machete for the killer food, Tiki Tony for the art work and Bongo Fury for the great blow fish lamp he made and Doc Shocker for his Lapu lapu. I'm heading down to the opening soon to meet up with Annie Ellis whose father Richard Ellis was a great Tiki carver and designer from the 1960's. See some of you there!

[ Edited by: Ojaitimo 2013-07-22 17:15 ]

Thanks to Dr. Bongo, and Timo for the pics.
If I go to the car show at the fair grounds on Labor Day weekend
I'll definitely check out Ventiki.

Jeff btd

Excellent photos.

This was the grand opening and I had a great Clement VSOP and Creole Scrubb Mai Tai made by Scott Noble the owner.

Vontiki carved both of the awesome Tiki.

Had some killer food by Chef Jonny Machete who makes Sabu's famous chicken and serves it with his own secret sauce.

He raises it to another level.

T

We wil swing by after the Kanikapila tomorrow - venerating my birthday island style!!!

This appeared in today's Ventura County Star newspaper.

Also, I propose this entire thread be moved to the Locating Tiki area. Does anyone else agree? Is there a way to do that?

Pages: 1 2 59 replies