Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

18 chairs from Chin Tiki

Pages: 1 12 replies

Not my auction, but someone in Livonia MI is selling 18 chairs from the Chin Tiki for $50

[email protected]

Here's the link to the craigslist posting:

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/hsh/3863446721.html

not my listing either. But if I were closer...

P
porco posted on Wed, Jun 12, 2013 4:15 PM

sold!

[ Edited by: porco 2013-06-12 16:21 ]

HT

On 2013-06-12 16:15, porco wrote:
sold!

You're not Porco as in Porco Lounge & Tiki Room, are you? Did they go to you?

EDIT: Just clicked on homepage, and you're one and the same. Glad they went to a good home! Huzzah! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. I'll be performing at a private hot rod event in August, and we'll have to stop by if you're open. And if you like hot rods, rockabilly/surf/rock n roll or crazy sideshow performers, shoot me a PM and I'll put you on the list.

[ Edited by: Hale Tiki 2013-06-13 04:08 ]

On 2013-06-13 04:06, Hale Tiki wrote:

On 2013-06-12 16:15, porco wrote:
sold!

You're not Porco as in Porco Lounge & Tiki Room, are you? Did they go to you?

EDIT: Just clicked on homepage, and you're one and the same. Glad they went to a good home! Huzzah! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. I'll be performing at a private hot rod event in August, and we'll have to stop by if you're open. And if you like hot rods, rockabilly/surf/rock n roll or crazy sideshow performers, shoot me a PM and I'll put you on the list.

[ Edited by: Hale Tiki 2013-06-13 04:08 ]

Stefan, the 'swell' builds!
"Pets are welcome,Children 'MUST' be on leash" TD

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2013-06-13 05:34 ]

Same seller now has 3 different Chin Tiki lamps listed.

Has anyone verified if this stuff is legit?

I sent him a message asking if he had any tikis, carvings, art etc from the Chin & he said he sold a bunch last week....?

If it's the same guy I bought my Chin Tiki chairs from, he's legit. I think his name is Rich. He knows Marlin Chin, brother of the original (and now defunct) Chin Tiki in Detroit. Marlin is owner of Chin's in Livonia and they have the same chairs in that restaurant.

from what i know- this guy has been getting stuff from marlin chin. it's all legit stuff from the old downtown chinn's that would not fit in the livonia chinn's. it was all in storage up until recently. A friend of mine bought the 12 ft. outrigger, 2 large 12 ft carved panels, some tikis and other stuff at this guys recent garage sale not long ago. The lamps are said to be in not the best shape and need repairs.

Geez. I need to stumble onto a garage sale like that!

My friend said that there were no smalls like mugs and stuff and any tikis they had, they bought up (which weren't many at all), including a cement one.

On 2013-06-14 14:13, happy buddha wrote:
Geez. I need to stumble onto a garage sale like that!

are you going to come to mine?

Ha! Always, David! But you know the pieces I want from you!

Pages: 1 12 replies