Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay: The Pizz Big Kahuna Outrigger mug set for sale 41/100 OK, I'm trying this again.

Pages: 1 34 replies

This is the new Ebay listing. I'll try and fight off the scammers. Already busted one this morning.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370842903578&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

On sale tonight at 6:00 PST for $799.00 starting bid.
If you're interested give me a shout at [email protected] before it goes up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=261231716099&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

[ Edited by: smokintikis 2013-07-01 08:14 ]

HT

A. That's awesome.
B. I thought $799 was rich for my blood, now it's up to $1250!

That's really cool man, I'd wish you luck, but it doesn't look like you're going to need it.

Awesome set! and WOW! $1625 right now on Ebay. That is so AWESOME!

Ending tomorrow...

R

damn $1775 ?? I got A BRAND NEW ONE UNOPENED IN THE BOX..I wonder how much that 1 is worth??? 3,000.00 ? ..first 3,000 gets it..

[ Edited by: ron-tiki 2013-06-23 13:00 ]

I need to sell mine as well.
It is a very cool set.

Well, I can't say I was surprised. The high bidder turned out to be a scammer.
I'll be relisting this on Sunday.
Contact me if you're interested before I list it.
Cheers

How annoying!

Good luck with the relist!

T

Dam,
When I saw that 0 bid history I cringed for you.
Ebay needs to get on these deadbeats.
maybe we TC folks could post the names and where the deadbeat tiki buyers
are from here, that way we could block them from bidding on our stuff.

It was a lot better when all could see who it was bidding.

My last deadbeat was Kyle Montgomery I think his eBay name is KMON
and he is from Surrey BC Canada.
Bad Karma Kyle, a bad wave is commin for you!

T

Here's my blocked bidder list that Kmon is on here.
chandapanda689, kmon9459, leelandg23, rebel_missouri

Was it one of these d Bags?

Hey, thanks guys. The A-hole who won my auction was tikiman420. I knew it sounded like a scam, but there's nothing you can do on ebay to get rid of these guys who open a new account just to screw you.
Unless I'm wrong and you have any helpfull info.
I have a list of scammers,363steve, 50meguy, 5625julie, alohaspecials, crszcpdsae, d3dennis, fastdriver1220, jahicks115, july24business, lovedive00788, rudestboy, swilsonsandiego, tikifreakee, tikiman420, zuermez.
Don't sell to any of these guys.
I guess all you can do is cancle all bids if one of these guys shows up, then block him from your bidder list and relist your item.
Oh well, a good Martini with 3 blue cheese stuffed olives will fix almost anything. I'm on my second.
Cheers

T

Dam you have lots!
And there is not one mark on this Kmon guy by eBay.
So new sellers don't know this guys a deadbeat.

In this way eBay sucks.
Good luck next time.

OGR

Did you give a second chance offer to the next highest bidder, or was he (she) a scammer also?

Yes I offered second chances to 4 of the other bidders. No dice.

T

It does seem to taint the deal in some way.
Most of the times that this has happened to me it
is hard to get the second or third guy to buy.

Who does this though?
Why do this?
The thing is I really think it is a TC person.
What state was this tikiman420 from?

fred fredders
1790 faux st
Schenectady , Ny 12345
He didn't even try to be real about it. I can't believe Ebay lets things like this go through.

T

On Faux Street.
Looks like he did sign up just to get you.

R

Here's another deadbeat... iamthecollector...Bid up my auction then canceled..

Wow... That is a huge coincidence. He bid on this, then was out bid right after by the scammer guy. I think they are one in the same.
I'm going to contact EBay and see if this constitutes Internet fraud and how to prosecute.
They must have the IP address.

ebay won't help you sadly, they are all about the buyers and could care less about the sellers.

Used to be able to say no to bidders with less than 5 feedback. Now sellers can't even find out through feedback who the bad buyers are. All you can do is send the high bidders an email and cancel their bids if they do not reply. Or put it in your auction that anyone under 10 feedback has to contact you before bidding, and cancel their bids if they do not follow your directions.

Good luck, ebay is annoying!

Another, unrelated, eBay ploy that I highly suspect occurs but cannot prove is that some sellers place bids on there own auctions utilizing another eBay account /ID in order to either peak greater interest in their listing by creating the illusion that the item is in high demand and/or to drive-up the winning bid. If the seller inadvertently finds that their ploy backfires and that their own bid is the winning bid, they contact the second highest bidder and offer to sell them the auction item for their highest bid secondary to the fact that they either have an 'identical spare' or the auction winner has backed-out of the transaction. I've been the recipient of many such offers over the years. My response is always the same, I'm willing to purchase the item for $1 more than the third place bidder. If there was a bidding war between myself and the auction winner, I offer $1 more than the highest bid placed by another bidder other than the winner.

R

kohalacharms,
i agree with you fully..In some cases I do think the sellers set up a bogus account.In my case. I was the seller...

T

I would think to put a bid of $1800.00 on this your own auction
would be kinda dumb really, not to mention a felony I think.
But then in the tiki world we know most of the players so it's not hard
to see that a guy with two letters say o****C and 4748 past buys on
eBay it is easy to know who that is.

I don't buy or sell much on eBay anymore so don't know the ins and outs,
or prices of these tiki things.
It got to a point where you could never get tiki stuff that was rare or
worth much. (Some people spend a month on tiki an amount that is more than lots o people make a month)
BUT if we post the fakes here on TC we could maybe put two and two together
and stop a few.

Also when one of these fakers puts up a bogus bid I have maybe once had a person take
a second chance offer.
So I would not think putting up a fake bid on your own item would work very well.

On 2013-06-29 16:34, tikiskip wrote:
I would think to put a bid of $1800.00 on this your own auction
would be kinda dumb really, not to mention a felony I think.

Q: Hey buddy, what are you in for?
A: For running up the price on an eBay auction

I pray my tax dollars are going to incarcerate the perp of an actual crime.

T

"I pray my tax dollars are going to incarcerate the perp of an actual crime."

No actually they let most of those people go free too.
It's part of what is wrong in our society today, the criminal
is the hero in the public eye while people who want people to
pay for their crimes are seen as stiff old fuddy duddies.

Well I've relisted it. Someone tried running up the bid already with a 0 feedback, I axed his bids and it brought the real bid back down to $799.00.
If you're bidding on this and see someone with a 0 feedback bidding as well, hold off on your future bids until I can block him as a bidder and cancle his bids.
Cheers-
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370842903578&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

[ Edited by: smokintikis 2013-07-01 14:54 ]

HT

Best of luck on round 2!

The current bidder on the auction is ragdollphysed.
Anyone know this bidder? Good feedback score, but so did iamthecollector.

Probably good to send them a message. How many legit bids do you think were there in the last attempt? If you're comfortable with the $799 price point, I would say just offer to end the auction at that point and see if they're a legit potential buyer.

edit: I just notice that the price was higher than the $799, still. If they're spamming up your auctions, finding a buyer and not dealing with having to monitor it may be worth dropping the perceived higher value shillers make it seem to be.

[ Edited by: tikijackskeleton 2013-07-01 18:18 ]

Hi. Thanks for that. I had what I would consider 4 serious bidders last time.
The current high bidder has a good feedback score, so I'll see.
I do have a standing offer on the piece if I get burned again, so either way it's sold.

With many high ticket items you can simply note in the sale information that NO FIRST TIME BIDDERS WITHOUT ANY FEEDBACK or that they first need to be prior approved before bidding.

Hi,thanks. I did put that in this listing.
We'll see if it works.

Well I've only had to cancle one bid and block two bidders from this auction. It ends tomorrow at 6:00 pm left coast time.
Cheers-

If these jerks are on TC, stop screwing with Jason, he is a good guy
and does his best to give everyone great deals on Tiki decor
I have bought from him for years now & he treats you right!

TT

If anyone wants to sell their Outrigger set let me know.....

Pages: 1 34 replies