Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

pin up art collectors

Pages: 1 3 replies

I just wanted to let any pin up collectors out there know that Marriane Ohl Phillips is slangin a bunch of sihned pin up stuff on ebay. She's got cards and full size Elvgren pin ups signed by his favorite model, Myrna Hansen, Betty Page pics signed by the photographer Bunny Yeager, and lots more stuff. This isn't my ebay sales so I hope people don't consider this spam or self promotion. I alreday bought a bunch of stuff from Marriane and know some of the TCers are also fans of pin up so I thought I would pass it along, anyways here's teh link:

http://www.stores.ebay.com/moppinupthedameyoucantrust

yeah mary ann is a doll. she has been doin it almost as long as me hahahahaha! if ya dig pinup art check out my stuff! just a bit of self promotion lol! I'm just starting to do some tiki style pinup stuff so stay tuned............

http://magicwolf22.home.mchsi.com/coverpage/cover.htm

Marriane is not an artist she's a dealer of vintage and contemporary pin up art, actually she's written a couple of books on pin up as well, and helps out allot of upcoming new pin up artists.

Dude I looked through your site real quick. I don't mean to be a shit talker but if you post your stuff up like that you're putting it up for criticizm so here goes:

• bad texturing
  • bad lighting
  • very basic models straight out of Poser, problem with these models has always been very bad hair
  • one of your pieces looked exactly like a past ad for one of Dita Von Teese's acts, if you were doing it as an homage to Dita you should have used teh Dita model that is also available from Poser
  • there's no atmosphere or depth blur in any of the shots

Once again I wasn't looking to give you digs, its just that there are a few animators in here that are very 3d savvy, and when you put your work up that means your putting it up for criticizm. You gotta take the good with the bad.

[ Edited by: suicide_sam on 2003-07-09 13:39 ]

Daaaaaamn Gina.

Pages: 1 3 replies