Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Need Help Identifying Massive Tiki Find

Pages: 1 7 replies

T

I am wondering who made this table. There is no manufacturer marking and I don't think it is Witco. Any ideas? Also wondering about the lava rock statues. There is also a beautiful carved wood sculpture of a woman's face. Unmarked. I am trying to find the artist.This is all from an estate sale in Dallas, Texas. The owner was a World War II vet. This is all original from the 1950-60's. The room was completely enclosed and barely used. Attaching a picture of the original room from the mid 50's.

[ Edited by: Tomoko 2013-06-18 11:53 ]

[ Edited by: Tomoko 2013-06-18 11:54 ]

[ Edited by: Tomoko 2013-06-18 12:02 ]

[ Edited by: Tomoko 2013-06-18 12:05 ]

This looks like an estate sale...if it is are there any more photos of the bar?

Also what state is this in? I am curious if the back wall is the side of the house ..like around a pool outside.

[ Edited by: SandraDee 2013-06-18 12:00 ]

It is only polite to say hello & thank people
when you ask for help, Manners much?

T

It was an estate sale. I bought the entire room. It was enclosed and the walls were stone with an interior waterfall. The owner was (clinically) a hoarder and we had to unearth alot of this. I don't have any direct photos of the bar, which, sadly, was torn down after the sale. Thank you to all for any insights. This in Dallas, TX. And there was a pool, but you had to walk through large sliding doors to get to it. The room/bar was actually an addition to the house adjacent to their garage. I wish I had more photos. It was really amazing.

[ Edited by: Tomoko 2013-06-18 12:11 ]

[ Edited by: Tomoko 2013-06-18 12:13 ]

Well, Tomoko, welcome to the site. Be sure to go introduce yourself under General Tiki. There's an introductions thread. Now, on to your find:

That's a mighty nice witco stool that seems to have been turned into a table, and looks like quite a find for you. Congratulations. Looks like you'll be making yourself a fixture around these parts. :)

The rock pieces look like Mexico tourist stuff, and the bamboo furniture is all quite nice. The rest of it seems to just be things that the owner collected along the way. Nothing really within the known lexicon of "tiki," at least to my knowledge.

T

Im sorry I didn't introduce myself. I kept getting a user error when I tried.

Thanks for the original photo--looks like that house had a great space for entertaining.

Yeah that Witco stool was turned into a table--odd that they only had 1 lone Witco piece considering that room looked pretty furnished. Perhaps there was some more scattered around/picked over already

if you also bought that table with the orange stools that slide underneath I love those sets.

I had 2 and sold both but they made entertaining easier with the extra room they created.

and that carving of the woman's face could be of Pele. I am not sure though because all the Peles I own are different versions of that sort of carving.

[ Edited by: SandraDee 2013-06-18 12:39 ]

T

I think the sculpture may be Paul Fujimoto. Alot of his stuff wasn't signed.

Pages: 1 7 replies