Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Collecting Tiki in Las Vegas

Pages: 1 4 replies

I recently became a "member" here and so far I have enjoyed the story of all the great Tiki Finds. I scrounge the local Thrift Stores here in Las Vegas but have had the best luck here at our big, outdoor Swap Meet. I've gotten lucky on several occasions here and I think it's because there are not that many Tiki Collectors here (yet!). Here are just some of the finds I have had here in the last year: a set of four mint Jard Mugs for $1.00 each, Aku Aku Scorpion Bowl from the 60's $2.00 and Trader Vic's Grenadine Syrup Bottle for $1.50, just to name a few. It's nice to browse eBay for stuff but it's still more fun to find these for $1.00 to $2.00 apiece. Guess it's the, "thrill of the hunt."

R

Lived in Vegas for four years (96-2000), but I didn't have the ratpack era/tiki bug like I do now (though I had an appreciation for it). I did make sure to visit certain places frequently before they were dropped (such as the Sands and the Desert Inn), but as always, I wish I knew then what I do now about such things. I am sure it is a veritable paradise for ratpack/tiki collecting!

BTW how is Vegas doing? I had heard it tanked out badly after 9/11. I hope it is back in form, I sure do miss it. :)

Aloha vegastikidude. We have a few resident Vegas TC'ers for you to compete with here. As a matter of fact, Hula Hula was complaining a few months ago that his "secret spots" weren't so secret anymore!

Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.