Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The Hula Girls @ The 4th Annual West Coast Rockabilly Showdown FINALS 6/29/13 @ 3:00!

Pages: 1 14 replies

So The Hula Girls were asked to compete in a rockabilly battle of the bands at the OC Marketplace last Saturday (at the OC Fairgrounds).
We beat out The Johnny Deadly Trio and Lazy Lance and the Longhorns to advance to the FINALS this next weekend.

If you can make it, we go on at 3:00 to try and win this thing! Please come help support us, it's only $2 to get in!
MAHALO!

Oh, and by the way, there's a tribute to Heart playing on June 30th if you're interested.

Congrats on making it to the next level.
I'm gonna try to make it.

But I'm all over that Heart tribute band the next day!
Not! 8-o

Jeff btd

I knew my mentoring would get you places, now for those matching outfits!

Hahaha.... Thanks guys!

Sooo bummed I'm going to miss...... A Tribute to Heart!!

Win it Spike!

T

Bummer! Gonna be out of town. Good Luck!

Thanks, guys!

TODAY!

RD

Good Job Hula Girls for grabbing the second place prize money!!!

For next year, write a song that has lyrics about the swap meet and the sponsor
Pabst Blue Ribbon to make sure you are a shoe-in with the judges for first place.

They even had a car show!!! Here are a few.

You boys done good!

Thanks for the pics, RumDog! And thanks for the support everyone! 2nd plaace out of 12 bands ain't horrible! We had a blast too!!

"For next year, write a song that has lyrics about the swap meet and the sponsor
Pabst Blue Ribbon to make sure you are a shoe-in with the judges for first place."

2nd place for not bribing the judges is pretty damn sweet!!!

Can't wait to see you open for Setzer!!

alOha! BB

Hahaha... Thanks, Ben.
When are we opening up for Setzer again??

On 2013-07-02 01:27, RevBambooBen wrote:
"For next year, write a song that has lyrics about the swap meet and the sponsor
Pabst Blue Ribbon to make sure you are a shoe-in with the judges for first place."

2nd place for not bribing the judges is pretty damn sweet!!!

Can't wait to see you open for Setzer!!

alOha! BB

Who has to write a song, they can just cover this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox_r3WdA-G8

RD

Good find Jason. I should have known there would already be a Pabst-a-billy song.

Oops! I see the pictures of Shorty did not get uploaded properly to my last post. Don't want to leave him out.

Noticed quite a few people recording the set at the event. Two or three were even using tripods. Could not find any posted on youtube. I recorded the last song of the set "The Curse of the Tiki" (and had my daughter upload it for me)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSTRv9vMsPI

Pages: 1 14 replies