Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Can anyone please help me to find out the origin on this guy?

Pages: 1 10 replies

S

S

I've had him or her for about 7yrs and I just was moving it and realized that one of the legs and the base are termite eaten!!!! I had to amputate 2 inches off the right leg, but it looks pretty good (wood) I also realized the base was toe nailed I to the ankles ! Check it out!

I am guessing here, but it does appear to have a Japanese influence in the design.
does this come alive at night and scream at people?

T

I think I saw something like that on Ogre Central.

I'd say it was Indonesian (Javanese). It looks to me like Semar, though he's not quite fat enough. Did he start out with a black sarong?

T

Well, on second look, I think it might be something that you'd find on some South Pacific atoll. Or not.

It's definitely Asian, I thought it resembled some Japanese woodcuts I have seen before.

T

On 2013-06-29 19:24, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
It's definitely Asian, I thought it resembled some Japanese woodcuts I have seen before.

You're right, I think I saw something like it on Suntory Central.

H

http://tattoospedia.com/tatuaje/Oni%20Mask%20Tattoo%20Pictures/Oni%20Mask%20Tattoo%20Pictures_15.jpg

You can wrap it up in plastic wrap real tight and put it in freezer for three weeks, that will take care of termites. There is a resin wood filler to fix the feet and you could put it all back together

It's from Hyperborea.

HT

holy hell. that thing is great.

Pages: 1 10 replies