Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Tiki Lee's Tiki Shop is MOVING to So. Cal... but where?

Pages: 1 13 replies

Aloha everyone!

After deliberating on it for many years, I have decided that it's time to leave Las Vegas after being here for almost 20 years and go home to Southern California. Mostly because I want my kids to grow up know their Grandparents well, and not just as "those old people we see once a year." So, by the end of the year, I'm going to make it happen.

Naturally, my Tiki Shop will be coming with me, but I'm not quite sure where to put it. I've checked out Pomona's Antique Row, and the Orange Circle shops so far. Any opinions? Any suggestions on other places to consider?

Mahaloz!

Next door to Don the Beachcomber :)

Also check out-
https://www.facebook.com/InternationalTikiMarketPlace/info

The Long Beach Antique & Collectible Mall is pretty great...it does have a vendor who mainly sells Hawaiiana/tiki so not sure you would like the "competition" , but you could see what sort of space they have available

Good for you for making the change!

Costa Mesa....if you can find an affordable locale?
Orange County has no Tiki shops since House of Tiki
so we need one!

Sounds like a noble venture. Best of luck!

I have a good friend who owns "inretrospect"
on 4th Street in Long Beach, it is a vintage collective
would be a good fit.

2122 E 4th St, Long Beach, CA 90814
(562) 433-6600
Hours: Sunday hours 11:00 am–6:00 pm

http://www.inretrospect.co/

Thanks for the input, folks!

I forgot about Long Beach... I'll have to check it out on my next exploration trip!

Now the challenge to find an affordable yet safe place to move my family of 4 to begins. Any secret areas I should look into?

T

Did the move happen yet, or is Tiki Lee's still open in Vegas?

T

Did the move happen yet, or is Tiki Lee's still open in Vegas?

PP

both Laverne and San Dimas have a good little antique section, and same with Glendora, have you thought about King Richards across from Oceanic Arts? that's a great location!!!
cant wait,
paul

There is a huge antique mall across the street from Oceanic Arts. Just a thought.

King Richards antique mall has a tiki/hawaiiana shop on the top floor.
A location near OA would suit me just fine for a purely selfish reason-I could drop by and check out your wares on my weekly visits to Bob and Leroy’s tiki mecca. Btw, uptown Whittier is undergoing another revitalization. lotsa nice shops.
Cheers

Z

Next to OA would be great. But if you want a nice neighborhood near the mountains I'd suggest the San Dimas or La Verne area. It's older and quieter (I live in Walnut so it's also nice and close :) And the school districts are top notch out here.

Pages: 1 13 replies