Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Twin mug help!

Pages: 1 9 replies

Hi "D" here. I was hoping someone out there could help me find out what kind of mug this is. I think I remember it being from Trader Vic's, and I think there was a special drink that went in it, but I can't remember. Thanks!! PS, If you know the drink recipe for it that would be fantastic!! Thanks again!!

What? can you take better pictures of those & what is on the bottom?

I bought this at Oceanic Arts a few years back. Bob told me it was made for a special drink that was served at one of the older Tiki Lounges, (I almost remember it being Trader Vic's), But it's been to long to remember. I Can call them and try to find out for sure, I just thought someone here might know. And if there was a specific drink that was intended to go in it, I was hoping one of the master mixologists here might have come across it somewhere along the way. The cups are joined in the middle. HEY! As I'm typing this, I found some very, very, very light depressions on the bottom reading (Trader Vic"s USA). So that part of the mystery is solved. Again if anyone can give me any more info it would be greatly appreciated!!

HT

I have no idea, but now I'm dying to know!

With a twin vessel like that, I'm wondering if that wasn't intended to hold a couple of dips/sauces for food items and not a cocktail at all. Neat piece, and I'm interested to see what other information turns up.

I have a set like that but mine is McCoy.. and by the looks of the white rim bottom it could be as well
I believe its to hold dipping sauce. but I'm no expert
very cool to find Trader Vic marked one

this is a good site to look stuff up with McCoy http://www.mccoypotterycollectorssociety.org/

they did 4 Tiki style mugs back in the 60-70's (Common Mugs)
One McCoy trait is "Heaviness" and Stamped "USA"

Sugar Rum Pots. That's what it says on my Trader Vic's shirt that has a rendering of them

On 2013-07-29 16:54, bongofury wrote:
Sugar Rum Pots. That's what it says on my Trader Vic's shirt that has a rendering of them

Wow. Cool!

Sure enough, from Trader Vic's Bartenders Guide:

Rum Pot

3 oz. lemon juice
3 oz. orange juice
3 dashes vanilla extract
3/4 oz. passion fruit nectar
1 oz. rock candy syrup
3 oz. golden rum or 1.5 oz. white Puerto Rican rum and 1.5 oz. dark Jamaican rum.
Blend in electric drink mixer with 2 cups shaved ice. Pour into 2 highball glasses over cracked ice (or vintage Trader Vic sugar pots)

Might have to try this one.

THANK YOU for the kind help!!! Thought I was loosing my mind for a moment.
I Will be serving it next week. If only for myself! LOL! I must admit, I did once use them for sauces. Just don't tell anyone! Don't want to loose my Tiki cred...

T

All I got...

aloha, tikicoma

Pages: 1 9 replies