Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Gallery

Tikimanocean gallery

Pages: 1 12 replies

new to Tiki Central and wanted to share some of my work in North San Diego County

This tiki resides in Vista off of Cypress Street

This in ground stump is located in Carlsbad on Skyline Street

This is one of four live carvings in a row on 50 foot tall trees located on Sunset Drive in Vista

This live tree is located on Celinda Drive in Carlsbad
k
This tiki is located in carlsbad on Highland drive

This tiki mailbox is located on Hillside Drive in Carlsbad

These queen palm tikis are located off Snead Drive in Oceanside

This in ground queen palm is located on Milton Street in Carlsbad

This canary is 26 feet tall and has 6 faces on it three on each side it is in Carlsbad and I carved it on a scissor lift

Tiki is located in carlsbad on Chinquapin Street

This is one of two queen palms carved in front of the Fish House Vera Cruz in Carlsbad on Carlsbad Village Drive

This pair of in ground tikis recently carved in orange county off of Victoria Street

This is one of five living trees I carved at the Ocean Palms Beach Resort in Carlsbad on ocean street

These two in ground tikis are located in Oceanside by Cesar Chavez school

This tiki is located in Orange County off of Victoria Street

[ Edited by: Tikimanocean 2013-08-02 10:18 ]

[ Edited by: Tikimanocean 2013-08-02 10:22 ]

[ Edited by: Tikimanocean 2013-08-02 10:23 ]

[ Edited by: Tikimanocean 2013-08-02 10:45 ]

[ Edited by: Tikimanocean 2013-08-02 10:57 ]

[ Edited by: 2013-08-02 11:19 ]

[ Edited by: Tikimanocean 2013-08-02 11:44 ]

[ Edited by: Tikimanocean 2013-08-02 21:52 ]

[ Edited by: Tikimanocean 2013-08-02 22:16 ]

Wow you have been busy in a very good way. I really like the depth of your carvings. I'm curious do palms not need the outer "skin/bark" to transport their food and water? Will these survive the art?
It sure is great to transform stumps into tikis. I've been watching hang10tiki do that in his own backyard. Thank you for sharing, Wendy

Thanks Wendy I believe the palms get there water through the entire trunk they consist of 1000's of individual strands
That flow all the way to the top. My oldest living tree is about thirteen years old. Mexican fan palms are very hardy and I haven't seen one stressed yet. Some people are anti tree carving and I can understand it , but i think its great and a lot of times people are going to cut there palms down and I can help them change their mind and keep a tree alive with a carving.I love palms and grow many different species from seed.

live tree on sunset in vista]

live tree ocean palms Carlsbad

flower fields Carlsbad

garfield street Carlsbad

flower fields

garfield street Carlsbad

Beachfest in Carlsbad carving on the beach

2nd tiki Fish House Vera Cruz

[ Edited by: Tikimanocean 2013-08-03 20:41 ]

[ Edited by: Tikimanocean 2013-08-03 21:03 ]

I was expecting a cliché pineapple in the forehead and found a... mailbox! Clever :D

Are the tikis at the flower fields new? I was there a couple of years ago and didn't remember seeing them.

The mailbox tikis are definitely cool. The tikis at the Flowerfields in Carlsbad were only there for demonstration while I was carving them at an artshow. Thanks for the inquiry.

Wanted to add some of my older finished tikis to my gallery. Here are some examples.

Z

Hey man, love your work. I was passing through San Diego today and shot a few tikis at Fish House Vera Cruz. Is the indoor tiki yours also? And the new one being carved on the live palm?

Thanks! The indoor tiki is made by a friend of mine years ago. The two outdoor tikis are carved by me. The live tree with some cuts in it was one I was going to carve when I worked there about ten years ago but I was to afraid the city would have not liked it. I work for the city mow and we have talked about it but it is a sticky situation still to get permission.

P

you ever had a live one die after cutting a tiki in it?

No haven't had one die yet. The oldest one I have out there is 14 years old.

C
cy posted on Thu, Sep 19, 2013 3:22 PM

A nice gallery of carvings tikimanocean!

Thank you CV!

I like your tiki with the holes that go all the way through! Now you'll never have to listen to someone telling you to "go deeper" as seems to be popular on Tiki Central.

[ Edited by: ToddVegas 2013-11-15 09:19 ]

Pages: 1 12 replies